upset stomach for about a month... ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 42 year old male. No history of any medical problems.

Sunday morning ( 9'th ) last month, I started experiencing an upset stomach. I had no symptoms the previous day. I had no change to my normal diet which is usually just normal home cooked foods.

It basically felt like an upset stomach sensation... maybe some inflamed feeling.. A few days after I took some anti acid pills.. which seemed to improve the discomfort level..

It usually gets a little worse after eating a meal. I would describe it as feeling a bit "bloated" or full after eating and some discomfort.

I also can taste a metallic taste in my mouth usually always in the morning after waking, and sometimes can see some rust color reddish blood in my saliva if I spit... I once belched and noticed it as well.... sometimes its just a yellowish type color...

I did also experience 1 bout of heartburn at one point.

-My appetite is ok now. Not 100% perfect but better than it was previously.. There were a few days when my appetite was bad.. then it improved...

• I have no Diarrhea. Stool looks normal color.
  • No fever
  • No vomiting
  • No hard pains in stomach
  • blood pressure normal

I went to a walk in clinic and the Dr there said it was GERD...

Then I went to a Gastroenterologist a few days ago and he sent me to get bloodwork (tomorrow) and a CT Scan with IV contrast on Monday...

anyone have similar symptoms or have more info about this ????

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes,

Unfortunately I have about the same exact symptoms and in the middle of one of these bouts right now. Going on for about 3 weeks at this point. I have had this for a few years now, and it comes and goes. Have had a couple of CT scans, Upper GI, H Pylorie test and all negative. Actually am going to have an ultrasound sometime next week.

Anyway, wish I had better news, but they just keep telling me it's Gastritis or inflammation of the stomach lining. Best of luck, will try to remember to post after my ultrasound. Jim

• Posted

Replace the utensils and dishes you use to prepare and eat your food. They may have a coating which you cannot see but after a time of repeated use it soon begins to peel and mix with your food.

• Edited

had a CT scan this month with iv contrast the Dr wanted done from rectum up to mid Lungs..... they found nothing wrong with that... i was surprised they didn't even see any kind of inflammation or anything...

had blood work and fecal too.. haven't gotten the results of that yet... but I'm assuming this is going down the same road as jimbo45...

stomach feels ok / better... still have some reflux in mornings though...appetite is normal.. my weight isn't climbing that quickly though even though I'm eating normally again.. maybe just needs more time.....

• Posted

I went through stomach issues recently and every test been normal. the anxiety alone caused me to not eat (wemt from 155 pounds to 147) once my appetite came back it took a couple weeks but once i gained the first 5 pounds back --- i shot up to 173 in a month. so here i am not trying to get my weight back down a little haha

so as far as the weight thing... it took me a little time to start seeing it on the scale 😃

• Posted

Well, I had an ultrasound and then bloodwork. Ultrasound OK, but I tested positive for Celiac disease. I have to have another round of bloodwork in two months to be sure, but maybe this is it. All I know is that I can have no gluten at all for two months. This diagnosis just came about last week, so have only been on the gluten free diet for a week, not much change yet. We will see.

• Edited

Just got my blood work lab results back... She said lab work looked "unremarkable"... nothing wrong seen..

do they see Celiac disease in basic blood work? or is there a special test?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.