Upset stomach for three weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could provide me with some advise here.

I have had a upset stomach for three weeks now, my chest and head feels hotter than normal

My stools are watery, sometimes green mucusy

Everytime I eat I feel like I'm going to be sick, but it's just a feeling

I've lost almost half stone in weight

Feeling weak and always tired, even thou I hardly get out of bed.

I've even got a sore throat, I can swallow food, just have to keep on clearing out my throat.

Doctors have done blood test and they have come back all clear

Yesterday I went to the out of hours surgery, the Dr there prescribed me omeprazole. Today is no better, but I'm going to give the tablets a few days, see if I improve.

As it's been so long, I just don't know what to do. Any help, advise, things to try would be greatly appreciated. Starting to panic and worry now as generally I thought I was in good health.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi ketan98816,

Hope you are ok this morning.

You might want to look at your diet and start a process of elimination. Stop alcohol intake and smoking ( that is if you do both) to see any changes evolve.

If you are feeling weak, I'd recommend taking food supplements. I take Bee Pollen and Aloe Vera Drinking Gel to boost my energy levels and immune system on a regullar basis ever since I had a bad episode of IBS .

I hope this helps.

I wish you good health

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for you reply back. 

This morning my stools were a little bit solid and then it got watery again (sorry I know it's early morning, sounds horrible) 

i dont smoke, has a few drinks a couple of day ago, but generally I'm not a heavey drinker. 

Had breakfast this morning, two slices of toast and just a bowl of Cheerios  without the milk. Was running to the loo after 5 mins of having it. 

Your right, I'm going to start taking food supplements, see if that helps

thanks again

• Posted

I'm glad to hear that. Have you ever considered a detox? If you have no underlining health issues causing all this, it could be you need to give your digestive system a break. What the detox programme does is it cleans you out to give your bowel a chance to absorb the necessary nutrients from the food you eat. Years of accumulated "gook" that has lined the walls of the bowels allows little absorption of nutrients from the food we eat. I sound like a doctor (lol) but that's what I discovered when I went on the programme myself last month and I feel a whole lot better. I even shed 6kg off my weight.
    • Posted

I can't say I've heard until now. Not planning on going on a detox just yet, I've lost quite a lot of weight, I was a healthy 10.6 stones now I'm 9.7. 

I think I'm just going to have to let this run it's course for a few more days, even thou it's been three weeks now.  If my stomach hasn't settled by then I guess it's another trip to the doctors. Might request a endoscope (not sure what you call it). Hopefully they can stick a camera in me and find out what's going on (hopefully it doesn't come to that). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.