Upset symtoms returned

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello Ladies, I have not been on the board for a few days, due to work, but today has been AWFUL, ok, severe and I mean severe joint pain, I discovered accidentally that the swelling knotty feeling in my shoulder is also in my wrist and elbows, so its not just my shoulders. I am having significant health anxiety so afraid of everything, everywhere I go and I mean everywhere there is something about cancer or heart disease. I have no one to talk to about any of this. I am a basket case. I messed up again, ate cereal and fruit and had gluten. I know this makes all of this worse. I am having the mammogram next month, totally freaked out and I should not be but I am. Its all due to the health anxiety. I wake up with the feeling of dread and disease. For the next two weeks, I am gong to go strictly with vegetables and fish and chicken, no sugars of any kind, to see how the joint pain goes.  I missed you guys. I went to the 66 symptoms and that helped tremendously because I keep telling myself this is menopause related, but when you are hurting you still worry its something else.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm still having joint pain everywhere! I had to go to the emergency room Tuesday and again yester day because I have been having bad anxiety attacks literally back to back. One comes and goes away and then the next one comes right after. They had to put me on hydroxyzine just to stop me from having them. I'm not stressed so where are they coming from? Will I have to stay on this medication forever?
    • Posted

But on a good note I haven't seen a period since I finally went off around Feb 10.
    • Posted

I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago so no period. I am going to see my Nurse Practiconer next week, and I am going to address all of this with her. I am seeing a therapist for my health anxiety.  The joints swell so badly thats whats frustrating.
  • Posted

Hi Lennie - HUGEST probable cause is menopause related - just reading the posts on the many Menopause questions show you are not alone with your terrible symptoms. Go and have a massage to ease the aches and pains and be kind to yourself - slow down and just do what is most important priority wise for a bit. Keep you mind occupied with radio, podcasts or music - DONT let the bad thoughts take a hold - the stress they will cause will add to your muscle stiffness. Wishing you a better day tomorrowsad

Loui x  

• Posted

Thank you Rhino, I am actually getting ready to take a warm bath with epsom salt and say my prayers, thank you, I needed your post
  • Posted

Hi Lennie,

I can sympathise with the shoulder pain I've got it in both left worse.

I can't sleep on it because it keeps waking me up,only 3 hours sleep again last night and it wasn't good and sound because I keep waking getting back onto my back.

The last few days even holding a cup of tea in my left hand is hurting it.

I'm now thinking of trying cod liver oil or something for it, I've run out of ideas resting makes it worse and using it for anything I think I'm holding it funny because now getting neck pain on that side as well.

My anxiety is a bit better on HRT. I've got the dentist tomorrow and haven't thought too much about it where normally I would be fretting for a couple of weeks before.

• Posted

Try the Cats Claw its an herb, its supposed to be better than the anti inflammatories. 
  • Posted

Lennie, I'm sorry that you are going through an awful bout. I'm going through a terrible spell with gas right now and some body aches. You are doing right with trying the veggies, fish and chicken more to help. Try all you can to help yourself. The health anxiety is hard to deal with especially when you are always hearing of something dreadful. I have began to hate advertisements and commercials. I can't even take the news. I don't have any suggestions but the warm baths with Epsom salts will help, try some chamomile tea to help relax a little. Distract your mind with music, or reading a good book. Just know that meno is temporary and the symptoms will decrease and some will go away for good. Be kind to your self in the interim and you are going to get through it.
    • Posted

Jamie, its literally EVERYWHERE you go, back in the day you did not have commercials for diseases, This is ridiculous, no wonder so many people are filled with anxiety and fear
  • Posted

Hello you're not alone in the health anxiety I promise I am an absolute basket case too !! I had what I thought a uti and just found out it's clear of infection? so I googled and guess what where blood in urine and wee frequency lead too !!! I am a freaking nervous wreck and everywhere I go I see it staring in my face even turned the tele on to a man peeing blood to add to my fears !! Honestly I'm there with you on the health anxiety lots of love Michelle xx
  • Posted

Sending out hugs Lennie. My neck and back has been killing me, especially near my kidneys and no explanation why. It comes and goes. I read recently there are hormonal yoga poses to help with aches and pains. I think I need that class to see if it will help. Have you tried ibuprofen? It's a bit helpful for me as well as a good massage when I can afford it. We are here for you!
    • Posted

Thank you Ladies, I am going to start with the Cod Liver Oil, I also accidentally discovered that Cats Claw its an herb is very useful for joint pain. Its cheap too. I appreciate the support, the shoulder nodule is horrible. I had a friend who is steeped into homeopathy feel it and she said thats what she is almost sure it is. Thank you so much, she said thats pretty common when you have meno and those joints swell up.
  • Posted

Oh hunny sorry to hear that.

The exactly same thing is going on with me to

It's off and on alot. Every time I eat things I'm not supposed to. This really is getting old isn't it

Hugs to you. Takecare of your self.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.