Upset with my current Gyn

Posted , 4 users are following.

Two weeks ago I was put back on premarin .625. He also gave me 100mg of progesterone. Since I have only been on these for 2 weeks I realize this is not enough time to see how the dosage will work. I have noticed increase anxiety and some heart palpitations. I called his office yesterday to see if maybe he could tweak the dosage because of this. His nurse called me back and told me that he says go see a cardiologist. I don't need to see a cardiologist. This is crazy. I have read that too little estrogen can cause these systems so why couldn't he raise the dosage of the premarin and maybe decrease the progesterone. I am not happy about this so now I am thinking just after reading a lot of my older posts years ago I did not ever do well on premarin. I regret going back getting on this again. I am thinking of getting a second opinion. I did go see an endocrinologist last week and she did take blood to check my DHEA.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I suggest you find a female doctor who has experience with menopausal women. I go to a women's clinic where they seem to know everything that's peri and menopausal related. It's a relief when you have this type of support. Premarin is not usually a first line of choice for peri symptoms so I find this sort of odd, I agree get a second opinion.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes I'm going to see a female Gyn. I have been taken 2 hormones for 2 weeks and I'm not liking the way I feel. I have never experienced hot flashes so how do I know this is really menopause? I have the depression, anxiety, insomnia. I realize after having my hysterectomy in 2012 I didn't like taking the premarin then. Now I remember why I went off on it. I wish now I had not gone back to the other doctor. I am an impatient person. I was getting desperate to get back on estrogen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.