Ureter

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi. i was told in november last rhat i had a 4 mm kidney stone. well today i notice that my urine is coming out in small amounts. theres no pain.....yet. ive just taken a tablet called buscopan which may widen ureter. i had this tablet on standby. ive another called tylex which my doc gave me last xmas for when stone would move... last time i urinated since taking the tablet, there was more urine but it still took around 10 secs for it to start coming out. any info most welcome.. cheers Kevin..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You could be having the same problem im having. The stone has moved from the kidney to the bladder and is now trying to flow out of the urethra. In my case, the stone is too big to fit into the urethra and is slowing my urine flow. Buscopan should hopefully help it move. I wish i had some!

• Posted

sorry you haven't got buscopan. urine flow has improved dramatically. will keep you posted. hope you get buscopan. it's a prescription drug of course. my doc also gave me tylex for pain. didn't use them yet as no pain. although I've had lower back pain for a good few days which coincidentally has disappeared today. all a bit of a mystery really. cheers Kevin.

• Posted

You can purchase Buscopan from any chemist in packs of 20,any more than that and it has to be a prescription from you Gp.

I have had alot of stones stuck in the ureters in the past and when taken with other meds Buscopan can help.

• Posted

Buscopan is really good stuff.

I take 8 tablets a day for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)

The kidney stones is not that big and my guess is that you might pass it.

There is a lot of information on the internet but how much of that you trust is up to you to decide.

Is your name Tom or Kevin?

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

thanks sarah. my name is kevin. people think its tom cos its part of my email address . i only took one tablet yesterday and since then urinating is ok. i am experiencing lower back pain now and then. i wont take the painkiller tylex unless it gets bad. this pain has been going on since before xmas. but i can live with it. it's more discomfirt than sharp pain. cheers kevin..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.