Ureteral stent pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

My husband had a ureteral stent put in 5 days ago after having a 4cm kidney stone removed. The urologist advised there may be some MILD discomfort which will subside the next day. The urologist flat out lied as my husband screams as if he is being tortured every single time he urinates! After 2 days the urologist prescribed Torodol for pain though it hasn't helped. I've been reading/researching stent pain for days & have yet to find anyone who has not been tortured by this stent!! The stent is being removed in 4 days however, since there is not a string, the Dr has to go up & retrieve it while my husband is wide awake. I cannot understand why stent patients are not warned about what to REALLY expect as far aa pain goes??!! My concern is the stent removal as once again he was told it wasn't painful. Can someone please let us know what to expect?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.