urethra burning after procedure, recommendations to relieve pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a laser procedure to reduce size of prostate but both prostate and urethra are inflamed and experience intense burning sensation when urinating. Doctor prescribed phenazopyridine but not helping much.  It has been almost 3 weeks so looking for other solutions.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a urologist give me a mild painkiller once. There wasn't much of a risk for dependency if you're worried about that and I haven't had an issue with that. If you don't want to go that right then try some anti-inflammatories otc. I hope your pain resolves soon and you're not dealing with an infection from the procedure and prostatitis which could be a side effect of the procedure. I have been dealing with chronic prostatitis for two and a half years and have tried everything to the point where I am looking at surgery which is rare for it, but done in rare intractable circumstances. I have taken that medication as I think the other name for it is pyridium as it is an analgesic for the urinary tract. It turned my urine orange. Be well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.