Urethra burning related to LS? Gabapentin use for central sensitization?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have finally been diagnosed from LS (biopsy was positive and stated it is early LS) and have started using propionate clobetasol twice daily. I know the treatment won't probably make a difference at first (I started the treatment 4 days ago), but I am getting super anxious because some of the burning has not changed at all. I have stabbing pain mixed with mild itch in my clit (that part has improved slightly), but I also feel a mild and diffuse itch/uncomfortable feeling in my right labia minora (it's just like an abnormally heightened sensation, but it drives me crazy) and often times I feel burning around my urethra after peeing (it's not a UTI). Any of you having those weird sensations and that burning? I feel like the clobetasol is not getting rid of the urethra burning and it makes me feel super anxious, I can't imagine having this burning all my life.

In addition, my gyn told me that I could be suffering from central sensitization due to having this pain for around 3 years and suggested taking gabapentin to kind of "reset" the pain sensors in the brain. I have read some scary side effects for gabapentin and I don't know what to do. Has any of you tried gabapentin for that weird diffuse pain related to LS?

Sorry for the long post, I hope you can share some knowledge on the matter, as right know I am feeling kind of lost, even though I have read and watched things about LS.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.