Urethra discomfort/incontinence post-orgasm

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 25 year old white male that leads a healthy lifestyle with good diet and exercise. I have had chlamydia 2 times several years ago, cleared out with the pill both times, I currently have no stds that show up in a regular screening. I estimate I have had the following problem for about 2-3 years. Sometimes after I orgasm, whether from masturbation or intercourse, I have to sit on the toilet for a while because I get this feeling that I need to urinate that doesn't go away even after I've pushed out every bit of urine that I can. So I guess it's not really technically incontinence because I can control the release of urine but the urge is so strong and unbearable that I feel like I have to push out some urine and I keep relaxing and then pushing several times even after all the urine is gone. The discomfort prevents me from sitting or laying down or walking for more than a couple minutes before I give up and go to the bathroom. It is such an uncomfortable feeling that I can't do anything but sit on the toilet, and on the worst occurrences I have to draw a bath and sit in it for at least 30 minutes, letting out tiny amounts of urine every couple minutes or so as my bladder allows. It seems that rubbing my urethra where the base of my penis goes into the perineum seems to help the feeling some, unless I do it too hard then it hurts. I have tried to find a correlation between frequency of orgasms or anything else to when this discomfort occurs, but to me it seems to be random. It used to happen 1-5 times a month I would say but fortunately now it only happens once every couple months, but it still is a pain to deal with when it happens. The other day I had the feeling from when I woke up to when I got off work and went home and took a nap even though I hadn't orgasmed, but it was fortunately a light enough sensation that I was able to work and just power through it, as opposed to the incidents after I orgasm. My first thought would be a prostate issue but like I said I am only 25. I tried checking to feel my prostate myself and I couldn't locate it so I don't think it is enlarged but I can't be sure. I would appreciate any input or ideas about what might be causing this problem.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

have you had your urine checked for an infection?Sounds like you have a sensitive urethra, with possibly urethritis.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I will get my urine checked for an infection and ask my provider about urethritis. I forgot to mention one other symptom, often times after a regular urination (not post-orgasm) I will have a small unwanted dribble of urine immediately following, like when I stand up from the toilet or put my penis back into my pants, getting a little bit dripping down my leg. Nothing that can be noticed by others, but very annoying to me. No pain or discomfort just an unwanted release of urine.

• Posted

Also, what infections should they be looking for? I get regular std screens and I don't have any that show up on a common std check.

• Edited

The commonest infection is from Ecoli bacteria. Dont know what your diet is like but sometimes cutting out alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods can help.

• Posted

I haven't drank alcohol at all for over a year and I rarely drink caffeine but I do enjoy spicy food sometimes. I will see if my provider can check for an e. coli infection. Again, thank you so much for your input!

• Posted

Prostate are hard to locate for men and women, because the prostate is deep inside the intestine. I believe that you do not have an enlarged prostate, if you did you would have strong orgasms that would be hard to take. It would also produce more fluid on ejaculation. Perhaps you could try vagina tightening exercises.

• Posted

You are completely off the wall in what you have said. Women do not have a prostate, only skenes glands. The prostate is NOT inside the intestine. The Real Jake is a man and has no vagina.

• Posted

Enlarged prostates are good in orgasms but terrible when it comes to things like holding pee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.