Urethra Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since I had a catheter removed last October I have had constant pain and wonder if it would be inflammation of the urethra? It is now unbearable and although the doc has prescribed painkillers they do not have any effect. I have pain in the nether regions, keep having to go for a wee every few minutes as the pain is so bad. Also sitting down is like sitting on needles. On a night I can only sleep for a hour without waking with pain and having to rush to the loo for a wee - every time I wee it is agony. No appointment at the doc for at least a week??? Anyone had these problems and if so what did they do about the pain??

J

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You said that you had a catheter removed. was the catheter from a surgery like a ueroplasty?

you should nor have pain and any dr that prescribes pain killers without investigating the source of the pain is not doing his/her job.

• Posted

Hi, in October I had a cancerous tumour removed and I ws sent home with a catheter which I returned a week later for its removal. I then had BCG treatment and when I mentioned the pain in my urethra I was told it was due o the treatment - here I am 5 months on and still in constant pain.

Regards J

• Posted

Sorry for your pain. i don't have anything for you. Like you, I don't think you should be having intolerable pain for 5 months. Seems like maybe they did something wrong maybe?

• Posted

Hi, Jean,

Can you tell me a little about the catheter that was removed, in particular was it a hydrophilic (pre-lubricated) one? In any event, I would have yourself checked out by a competent urologist, if at all possible.

I am not a doctor but I do have over three years of self-catheterization - three times a day - and have found out some things about the hydrophilic ones that are not mentioned in the proverbial "small print."

Warm regards and best wishes for your future health!

alan86734.

• Posted

Hi, in October I had a cancerous tumour removed and I ws sent home with a catheter which I returned a week later for its removal. I then had BCG treatment and when I mentioned the pain in my urethra I was told it was due o the treatment - here I am 5 months on and still in constant pain.

Regards J

• Posted

Hi, Jean,

It seems unlikely to me that it was the catheter withdrawal that started your pain. However, I see from your response that you were given BCG treatment. I understand that BCG is a live vaccine. Could this be the culprit in some way? Just a thought.

But, as I warned you in my last e-mail, I am not a doctor and therefor cannot properly advise you in this area. I apologize for this bleak response, and I really do hope that you soon find a satisfactory answer to your pain.

Best of luck and may your health soon recover fully!

alan86734.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.