Urethra prolapse symptoms please

Posted , 6 users are following.

What do you ladies feel? I feel as though my insides are falling out, I get a really sore vagina and nerve pain which also causes swelling,  So far all my gps havent taken me seriously and my gynae said there was nothing wrong even though I can see it plainly and can feel it every single day, I also get a burning pain too

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

I had a full hysterectomy, vahinal suspension and rectocele surgery. All done robotically. I feel nothing. I had just one day of cramping, it was the day after surgery. I took one pain pill. I had my first bowel movement the day after surgery. No constipation issues as I continue 2 stool softeners a day. I am so lucky!
  • Posted

Pam what were your symptoms prior to an op?
    • Posted

I had prolapse for 28 years since the birth of my 4 th daughter. It subsided most of the time unless I was constipated. When I hit menopause at 57 it started progressively getting worse. Felt like my vagina was falling out, no pain at all, but if I tried to run it affected my bowels, I'd have to run to the bathroom, that is if I made it. Not always! No other issues, no pain. I am on 7.5 mg of Prednizone for POLYMYALGIA. I've been taking it for over 2 yrs. it does affect how I heal as Prednizone keeps my tissues from healing quickly. Told to take 2-3 mos off for down time. I just am lucky. I was dreading the down time and pain. Now I have no pain and have to resist doing too much. I had surgery Dec 4, and foot surgery 2 weeks before that. I just heal quickly.
  • Posted

Hello cath. Ask for a referral to another Urogynaecologist. That title is very important because he/she has undertaken extra training. If it was a Urogynaecologist you saw before ask to see someone else. With these symptoms you need treatment 
    • Posted

Well The gynae i saw was a waste of time, All my gps have more or less taken no notice, I was told just to do pelvic floors, Its really getting me down, I have been referred again ages ago but im still waiting to be seen, The last gp was really sympathetic but said he couldnt see anything and didnt know what to suggest but everyone who has examined me has used a speculum so i think that is pushing my vagina open so the prolapse is then pushed away, The only gp who has seen it didnt use anything she could see it straight away, Its making my skin sting all the time, After tons or research i think its been caused by decrease in estrogen as my hrt was changed and since then i had this problem
    • Posted

Cath you should wait the maximum of 18 weeks for an outpatient appointment. If you've waited longer than that get in touch with the hospital. Using a speculum to diagnose a prolapse is very old fashioned and not really the right way at all.
    • Posted

Well i saw one consultant who i think only saw me as he had recently discharged me but i asked to be seen again, He said there was no prolapse and poo pooed everything and blamed the meno, dont think he was too happy that i was insistant, So he discharged me again so i went straight back to the gp to be referred to a different gynea as i am really suffering so now i am waiting again, I feel if they are putting things inside you then they are pushing it up so its not seen, My gp has seen it on first examination and said my urethra has prolapsed, I can see it very plainly and its so uncomfortable. 
    • Posted

It is definitely a Urogynaecologist you're seeing is it cath?
    • Posted

Not at the mo no but when i get seen i will be asking for sure,, My gp has reffered me to the best she said and stated the lady consultantant will know for sure but yes i will also ask to see one even if i have to pay x
  • Posted

Hi,

sorry for the late reply but I wanted to say your symptoms sound to me to be pudendal neuralgia. Are you  better now?  I'm not saying you haven't got a prolapse But maybe this on top?  I have had 2 bad episodes, thought it was the prolapse, the dr hadn't a clue,referred me eventually.  Look it up. It is a horrid painful thing, v sore, pain on or after peeing, feeling of everything falling our when it isn't etc. It lasted several weeks, all depends on how much sitting but I was prescribed Amitryptaline and that takes the edge off so you can slowly improve. The prolapse just exacerbates it. But I remember what the consultant  said..the prolapse is uncomfortable  but it doesn't cause pain, burning  etc..that is a nerve problem, unless an infection of course. Now I have had the op as prolapse was so bad  after a couple more years but back then they said oh your prolapse isn't  bad really and yet I was  in agony and had no help or understanding for ages. . I was then v wary of the op but this consultant said it shouldn't really affect it much and it hasn't been too bad..def some feeling of nerve pain, stinging etc but so gd to have nothing pressing on it. I feel when I can walk more  and be out it will all ease. Hope this helps. It sounded so similar . If it is that the worst thing is sitting..put yr feet up all you can, avoid long car journeys, take relief and it all eases.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank u but i dont think i have this,, Im so fed up, its with me everyday and doesnt let up unless im sleeping. I get swollen, burning, raw, No pain ever with peeing and it doesnt burn then, its the pressure of the lump /urethra prolapse that gives me the soreness, Painkillers or anti depressants dont make a difference and its quite awkward as im in a new relationship although sex seems to push the lump away for a good few hours, Im at my wits end, I was taking vagifem for the burning but it was making even more swollen, At a total loss.
    • Posted

I have a uterine prolapse and a stage urethra prolapse. It can be seen when I spread my legs, but not if they insert anything, they just see the uterine prolapse. I know exactly how you feel with the raw feeling, burning pain and discomfort that comes with it. I have found it helps to make sure to keep myself extra clean, shower more frequently, use wet wipes after I use the bathroom, and what I think helps the most is rubbing up with extra virgin coconut oil! It's the only thing that gives any relief. I am prone to urinary tract infections also since prolapsing, but they are less frequent when I am remembering the coconut oil. This is getting me by until I decide to do the surgery (I'll admit, I'm scared! I'm only 35), but its on my mind every day, and it's getting harder and harder to deal with. I hope you get the help your looking for. Try some coconut oil in the mean time! It's great for do many things!
  • Posted

It all sounds  horrendous but yes different then.  And yet no prolapse should cause that really. Definitely need an expert diagnosis. I do hope that is soon and someone understands . Let us know how you get on. Are  you  in the uk? would it be worth paying for a private consultant with  a top  uro gynaecologist to speed things up? 
  • Posted

Yes its nightmare!  Im sick of waiting to see the gynea , I feel as though my insides are going to fall out, The nerves hurt due to pressure, I cant go private as i am single and have to support myself so cash is tight. Fed up...
    • Posted

Hi cath, I am new to this forum after recently been diagnosed with anterior and posterior prolapse at 37 years old, which I am having repaired on 5th February. I have suspected it for a long time but it suddenly got bad quite quick hence my visit to GP.

I am also VERY sore, seem ok when sat down but when I walk it is un bearable. Looks very red and swollen but I have mentioned this to GP and she just looks at me gone out! I have no infection, just seem sore from th added pressure or something rubbing maybe (I have grade 3/4 prolapse). Vagasil help a bit but I am yet to find anything to relieve it. 

Have you found anything to help yet and are you any further with your diagnosos?

• Posted

Hello jill. Sorry to push in here because I know your question is for cath but I just wanted to say if you are sore you need to make sure you don't have an infection because if you have it could affect your surgery ie it could put the surgery back until the infection has been treated.
    • Posted

Definitely not got an infection, had swabs took twice and each time came back clear! I have no idea what it is but god it's sore! I think it must just be from the pressure as when I'm sat/lied down I'm fine, it's when stood/walk! Luckily not too long to wait for op xx
    • Posted

I think I will try the coconut oil 1st then back to docs if get no relief.

thanks xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.