Urethral burning

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am a 25 female living in UK. My problem start 5 months ago. I had a uti that have been treated with antibiotics, the symptoms disappear but a week after I start to have frequency, basically after peeing I have the feeling I need to go again. I am trying to ignore the feeling because i know I don t really need to go, so I try to go as normal 5, 6 times a day. I don t have any problems during night. I also start to have a burning at the opening of the urethra, especially when the bladder is full. Is weird that sometimes the symptoms are worse than other days no matter what I drink or eat. I have been to gynecologist and urologist and been told i have trush or ovearctive bladder but I am sure that is not that and treatments didn t work anyway. I had all std test done twice and all was ok, urine culture the same and I had vaginal exam and scan and bladder scan as well. everything looks alright but I still have the symptoms. I don t know what else to do and where to go. I start to fell very depressed and I can t enjoy my life anymore. My partner is supportive but sex is not the same, it does not hurt but I can only do it on certain days when my symptoms are not so bad. If anybody has the same problem and you know a cure please help me. Also any advices how to stay positive and live with the condition are welcome. Sorry for the long post.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Aimee,have you been given a 3-6 month constant dose of Nitrofurantoin? That may help to clear the problem. This is very common and often there is no apparent cause or infection.

Make sure you use plenty of lube when having sex . Intercourse, and friction on the urethra is often the only trigger.Try another position so that the friction is reduced as much as possible.

• Posted

No, not yet. I have been given different antibiotics in maximum 7 days course and it didn t help me at all. I have been trying some natural remedies but no result yes. Is very difficult to treat something when you don t know what is it. Thank you for replaying and I will talk with my doctor about your suggestion.

• Posted

My wife, had a similar problem. Instead of taking antibiotics, because like you, the problem , kept returning. What she did was start taking D-Mannose. You can get it at a health food store. What it does is it makes the walls of your bladder, slippery so the bacteria causing the infection, can't live in the bladder. She has not had a uti for at least two years since taking D-Mannose. She doesn't take D-Mannose anymore, because she has not had an infection for at least two years. For information, go to You Tube, and search for urinary tract infection. Lots of information on this subject. Good luck,I hope you feel better. By the way, my wife is 63 years old now.

• Posted

I have been trying some natural remedies but no results yet. I am gonna try what you said as well. Thank you for replaying.

• Posted

D Mannose seems to work for some people but not all, so its worth a go but dont get disheartened if it doesnt seem to work. Exactly the same for Cranberry juice.

• Posted

if all else fails see Prof. Malone Lee. He works from Harley Street.

• Posted

were you able to figure it out. this is exactly me for 3 months now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.