Urethral burning, soreness, urgency and frequency.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, In hope of helping someone out there, here is my story. Basically for the last 2 years Ive had the above mentioned symptoms almost constantly. Tried all sorts of creams and potions. Been to Docs/Urologists/Gynaecologist and Bladder Nurse several times during those 2 years. Nothing they gave me worked. I thought my urethra was damaged in some way. Never suspected a UTI as when Ive had them previously its felt like I was peeing fire. And strangely thats the one symptom I didnt have.

So I was heading for a cystoscopy about 5 weeks ago. Got to the hospital. Got my gown on. Nurse tested my water only to find Id got a UTI so the cystoscopy was cancelled. I was prescribed 200mg of Trimethoprim twice a day for a week! Well Im so shocked because after 2 years of awful pain/urgency/frequency etc, its gone!!! And its been gone for 5 weeks!! My husband thinks its just co-incidence but I dont. It would be too much co-incidence to think that 2 years of awful pain and discomfort disappeared on its own just as I took some antibiotics! It was the Trimethoprim that did the trick Im sure. Hope this helps someone.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That's a great news. Fortunately you did not undergone cystoscopy or you might get urethral stricture.

• Posted

Thank you csverse14. Thats right, I might have ended up worse off if I had have had the cystoscopy. So Im glad I never went through with it. All still good. Still no burning etc etc. Long may it continue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.