urethral dilatation

Posted , 2 users are following.

After weeks of not being able to go for a Pee properly I finaly got my checkup yesterday ...My symptoms were (are) a sudden need to go to the toilet which I cannot delay or I will lose a drop ! when I get to the toilet it would not be worth it and only pee about 100ml of urine may uretha on the end has shrunk dramaticly and I have slight pain by peeing .The Dr checked out my prostat and said it is enlarged but not un normal for my age 63 he did also a Utra Schall on my Bladder and found a Cyst or something it was pretty largeon the screen

So now I have a termin with him for urethral dilatation which he explaied to me how it is done and he will also be taking a look and a sample from this Cyst .Now My Question is this do any of you other guys who have this problem also have a problem with Sweating ? I all of a sudden break out in a sweat and it is terrible its mostly from my head and the top area of my body I check my Temp and its OK But the sweating is driving me crazy ! Yesterday I was walking down the street at Minus 2 C and sweating I must have looked very weird to whoever saw me

Thanks for reading

Stuart

Oh yes I live in Germany but I am British

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, have you had a cystoscopy? (Camera in the bladder). My ultrasound showed something. Turned out to be a tumour. Not to worry u, but deffo worth getting checked.
    • Posted

No Craig I get it on the second of Feb  Because they found a cyst on the ultraschall So they will be taking a sample of the Cyst or whatever it is  and also doing the urethral dilatation at the same time !Bwaaaa Getting older is no fun   Do you also sweat profusivly for no reason ?
    • Posted

Hi, no sweating for me. I'm 35. Peed blood in May and turned out to be bladder cancer. Good they are doing a cystoscopy for you. Rule everything out. Good luck with it all.
  • Posted

So i am back it was very painfull indeed and the Doctor said he could not do what he wanted because i am narrower than any of his tubes !But from my Tests and other stuff he said I have a tumor in my Bladder and I have to go for xrays on Wednesday and then they are making a date for me to go into hospital to have it removed ...... HOW LONG WILL MY PENIS HURT ???? Its killing me he tried to look down it today and Now I just cannot pee and am losing drops non stop and when I do try and go its excruciatingly painful

Unhappy  Stu sad

• Posted

Hi Stu. Mine was sore for about three weeks. Have a look at fightbladdercancer.co.UK they have some great info and a fantastic forum. Look me up on there. Sounds like u are still in diagnoses stages so fingers crossed it might not be BC.
  • Posted

Why has the moderator deleted your post ???
  • Posted

I am a bit bothered about having the OP because the reason I was there yesterday was to have it Dilated and the tube is so narrow the doctor could not go down it to do this work so it looks like they will have to open me up to remove the tumor
    • Posted

Hi Stuart. I posted a link to another website so they deleted it. There is a charity called fight bladder cancer. If you Google it you will find their site. There is lots of helpful info on there and a fantastic forum with 2000 bladder cancer patients.
    • Posted

Cheers Craig ! Thats a bit silly deleting a Legit web page I could understand it if it was taking us somewhere else ! OK I will have a look in there Thanks
  • Posted

I have my Dates ! I go for a talk with the anesthetic doctor on the 18th Feb and I go for the OP on the 25th of Feb here is my xray from today I find it looks big infact it seems to take up one third of my bladder ! redface

• Posted

Looks like its growing into the bladder as opposed to through it. What did your urologist think it was? Have you joined FBC forum?
    • Posted

He just said it a Tumor and gave me my dates for the Hospital He did say its Big ref the FBC I am still navigating round it
    • Posted

Good luck mate. Keep us posted. If you need anything, just ask. I'm hoping it's benign.
    • Posted

I have just noticed that on my paper work which I need to take On Wed are these letters TURB = Transurethral resection of the bladder

but I still have no idea what I have all I know is it is a tumor and I find out more on Wednesday and as for the Pain when going for a Pee it seems to be getting worse and also after having a pee it is very uncomfortable to sit .Yes I have joined that site Craig WOW lots to follow though I think I will worry myself even more in there

• Posted

Hi Stuart, I've had a turbt. Once they remove the tumour they will send it off to the lab. Two weeks later you get your results I.e. if it's cancer you will get your stage and grade. Your treatment plan for s then decided. Maybe as they couldn't d the scope they don't know what it is yet. Vladdrt cancer is only diagnosed from cystoscopy. When is your op mate?
    • Posted

Sorry about the predictive text.
    • Posted

On the 25th of this month ! On Wed I go to see the anesthese Doctor

and

The inventor of predictive text has died.

His funfair will be hello on Sundial.

biggrin

• Posted

I dont think I joined a forum in there I must have a look

I think something is going wrong and on Wed I am going to find out just whats up I go to the toilet for a Pee and even less comes now and afterwards when i sit down it hurts (I mean at the base of the penis ) where it dissapears in the body that biit hurts Hell I will be pleased when this is all behind me

• Posted

Oh Craig I am back home the removed the tumour and the next day I had to have another OP to have some pipe fitted from my Kidney back down to the bladder as the tumour had damaged it ! They sent me home this morning I was not really well enough but I am now home ! I have a tampon in my pants but I cannot control the urge for the toilet it comes all of a sudden and Bang the trousers are wet before I can make the toilet  .Will this get better ? The spasm I had also with the cartheta was terrible about every 10 minutes all through the night but they have stopped Now when I have a spasm its to late and my pants are soaked .They have sent the tumour off for a biopsy and we will see from there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.