urethral dilatation

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am being scheduled for this procedure (under anesthesia) and I am trying to find some up to date reviews regarding this procedure. I must admit, that I am a little nervous and everything I read is at least 3 yrs out. Anyone out there, that has had this procedure done recently that can give me some information. I would appreciate the feed back.

Thanks a bunch,

Sharon  

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't worry all will go well, try to relax it will be over before you know it.

• Posted

Shout out to everyone for your encouragement, comments and advise. I had my procedure done on 05/22 and all went well. Truly....worried way more then I should have. The procedure was a breeze and practically no down time at all. My doctor prescribed Tylenol pain meds which I think I may have taken 1 or 2 the day of just for a precaution measure and that's it. For a couple days only...I may have had some discomfort when relieving my self, but nothing major. 

As for the dilation itself...I think it's working; will have to give it some more time to see if it resolves all of the bladder infection issues I was having. 

And for the ones that may have some concerns about sexually activities....(I know I did and could not find any info on it) No need to worry, All is well. (give yourself at least 3 -5 days to resume all activities) and everything below lol should be all good ijs (My man says all is well as well GREAT NIGHT lol)! 

Anyway, any questions Holla at ya girl

Sharon - glad I did it

• Posted

Good to hear everything went ok, coming back and telling of your experience should help others not to worry. I think worry and possibly embarrassment is the main problem. There really is no reason to worry, or be embarrassed, the people doing the procedure are professionals, it's not as if you have it done in front of your friends or neighbours.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.