URETHRAL DILATATION HURTS?! Please answer.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Some told it doesn't hurt AT ALL.

Anothers tell me it hurt like hell, mainly in the next day.

They also say it feels like peeing glass.

What really happens???!

Please help and sorry for bad english, I'm brazilian.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

******* Correction: Feels like peeing glass in the next day.

Plz help, I'm very afraid, men!

=(

• Posted

I am not sure what you are about to do. Are you going to have a urethrotomy under general aneasthetic or are you going to do self dilation?

If it is Urethrotomy, then you will be fitted with a catheter for a few days. By the time your catheter is removed you should be able pee freely but the first you pee may be a bit uncomfortable but will get better the second time you do and will keep getting better.

If you are going to do self dilation, then this is not a painful process. But remember that in the long term it is for your benefit.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for fast answer, man!

The doctor will do the dilatation in my urethra in his office.

Does it hurt while doing the procedure?

Does it hurt in the day after when Im going to pee?

Ive been told it feels like peeing broken glass.

Another question, answer please, IS THERE a difference between normal dilatation and what they call ISD?

Thankx!!

• Posted

This sounds as if your doctor is going to use a self dilation catheter. This might hurt very slightly but it should not be too painfull when you pee for the first time after the  procedure.

Relax and let the doctor do the catheterisation.

• Posted

How old  r u? do u have pain at the moment? Do u have pain when u have sexual activity especially when u ejaculate? If u dont have pain then most likely u might not be having pain after the procedure only that u might have a little incomfort thats all.

Please reply to the above questions

• Posted

I'm 24 years old.

I've never made dilatation before.

I've felt pain when doing the X-RAY exam, when they put a little cathether just inside the entrance of the penis, to inject that contrasted liquid to make the x-rays

I felt pain in the act of the exam and in the day after I felt like peeing broken glass. After 48 hours it got better.

I don't feel pain on ejaculating, also don't have pain in peeing at all.

I just can't understand, in some sites they say the dilatation is made by GENERAL ANAESTHETIC and in others they say you can do this dilatation alone in your home. What the hell is that? I can do alone, but in the office they should use GENERAL ANAESTHETIC??

I'm freakin' out with this exame, I'm not sleeping well anymore

I'm too wooorried =(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.