Urethral stricture symptoms help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

im a 31 year old male and have been experiencing very concerning symptoms. i think i may have a stricture, but am not quite sure. i have to urinate almost every 20 mins and have discomfort in my urethra. i also have some post void dribbling after urinating, like a few drops. For background, i have had several catheterizations and fear this has done some damage to my urethra....

One odd thing is that i have had an RUG and cystoscopy and both came back normal, but my symptoms are very alarming. Also, since the cystoscopy i have had a sharp stinging sensation in my urethra and now wonder if the procedure has caused damage.

My question is, how long does it usually take to form a stricture until it becomes severe? im fearful that im presenting early signs of a stricture which may be why the tests didnt show a stricture because it hasn't gotten so bad yet.

Any advise or answers are welcome.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Relax... don't rush to conclusions. When your tests are normal, everything is normal.

• Posted

i know im trying to relax... i read that a cystoscopy is limited on identifying exact stricture location due to the size of the scope and degree of narrowing of the stricture. is this true?

• Posted

Hi. Cystoscopy is pretty good in giving a fair idea if there is any restriction. I would say there should be nothing to worry regarding this if urethrogram is clear.

When I had first cystoscopy, I had similar sharp stinging sensation in my urethra for few days and then it was gone.

Since you have persistent symptoms, please make sure that you have right diagnosis from your dr. In case of multiple catherization history, this could be complicated.

Best wishes for your health and safety.

• Posted

so having had many catheterizations could be why i am urinating a lot? this could be a stricture right? from what i know strictures can be very small (less than a centimeter) which would explain why the urethrogram and cystoscopy didnt detect any strictures?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.