Urethral syndrome

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have urethral syndrome that started within days of getting a Monarch TVT bladder sling. That was 17 years ago. I was told it was in my head, that I had some sort of infection, that I had IC etc. Etc. Now I am coming to realize That I have Urethral syndrome. Constant pain the urethra and always feeling like I have to pee especially at night. I have done physical therapy, ultra sound , myofacial release, lumbar injections, instillations ( pure hell) , did dilations ( more hell) tried dietary restrictions and now have a interstim implant and take lyrica, ultram, effexor and omeperazole. I live in the US. does anyone else have any ideas? I don't want to just keep living this way. The pain is all the time and my quality of life is poor. It seems no doctors understand it.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dietary restrictions do nothing for an infection. I recommend an infection cream. You need to visit a hospital or try a private doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.