Urethral syndrome all my life

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a women of 32years old I have lived with this terrible illness since the age of 9years old. I have extensive history of urology procedures. All of failed procedure! I'm heavily depressed and managing to hang in there with my job Just about. I have special measures in place, as at any point I will have an instant flare up of Cystitis or a very painful pulsating urethra that stays for hours and hours. Causing me to nearly faint with the pain.

I am currently taking Prophalaxis Nitrofuritoin with Naproxen 500mg once or twice a day. Naproxen/ Voltorol 100mg works to a point but does not cure the symptoms. It only masks the symptoms for 3 hours.

I have noticed a trend- sexual intercourse causes problems. Smear test unable to use Tampax. I am unable to stand internal examinations or ever have a catheter inserted as this enhances the swelling.

I recently had a Trans vaginal Ultra sound and I felt the instant pain as they moved the scope onto my Ureathra.

I had a Cystoscopy and a failed Urethral dilation. I woke up left in 7 days of agony. Unable to pass urine without severe burning. I will never go through that prodedure again.

I can't drink alcohol often as the acid irritated me and causes burning.

Genetically my mother was the same, my 2 sister's all suffer from the disease, but not as bad as I am.

I'm struggling to keep partners and I am too frightened to have a baby.

Urinalysis- I have no infection present in my urine- I have abnormal amount of Leucocytes in my urine with high levels of blood cells, which suggest and inflammatory disorder.

Something is genetically wrong and it's enough pain to completely ruin my life. Is this the same as a nerve being left bare from a tooth, as soon as it's touched it burns and swells. How can this be cured.

Laura. England

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had it for 2 yrs now. I get flare ups often. I take urelle every single day. I stopes coffe and lots of other things. Mostly i have burning of my urethra. And especially after intercourse. 
    • Posted

Hi Pamela

Thanks for your help. Where would I purchase Urelle from?

Laura.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.