Urethral urgency! :-(

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there, Totally fed up now. Been suffering uretheral urgency feelings for going on a couple of years now and this has brought on anxiety too. So my life has been greatly restricted as a result. Ive only been going out when I know there is a loo nearby where I am going and no queues for it/them. I park near loos if I go onto town and rarely go too far from them. I dont drink as much before I go anywhere. And I avoid all crowded places. So you can see my life has really closed in on me. I saw urologist last month and all he said was that he could give me something for the urgency but he didnt bother saying it could lead to retention! I know a lot of my urgency is fuelled by my own anxiety and fears and "What ifs". Anyone else suffer with uretheral urgency and have any ideas on how to deal with it. I just want it gone once and for all. :-(

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.