Urethritis caused by rare non STD bacteria or virus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help to find the cause. Maybe it's some virus related or some rare bacteria which is not being cultured? Like h pylori, etc.? It lasts more that two moths already.

- no STDs found from swab test

- urethral fluid shows inflammation

- cultured few times which showed some random bacteria (first time enterococcus faecalis, second time staphylococcus mrsa) with minor growth. I assume it needs confirmation before taking any treatment.

- never had a discharge

- no urge to pee

- pain in groin area, lymph nodes not swollen, used to feel burning sensation

- sensitive skin, seems like nerve irritation, mostly in groin area, but sometimes all body gets irritated

- random pelvic pains, left and right side

- random tingling penis tip and tingling/itching anus

- something uncomfortable inside urethra, dark red (bluish) spots visible inside urethra

- hsv1 positive, cmv positive. Never had a lesion.

- had some fever symptoms, fatigue, sore throat and chills. They seem to fade away, only fatigue left and all the symptoms mentioned above.

meds tried, which didn't provide any relief:

- 3 pills of Azithromycin

- 10 day course of Doxycycline

- 7 days Waltrex 1g/day

I add some photos so maybe someone has a clue what on earth can cause this

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

E coli can do that
    • Posted

thanks for reply, but I think E coli would have been detected in bacteria culture

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.