Urethroplasty in Canada + possible kidney & bladder damaage

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I am 23 and posting this as my doctor suspects urethral stricture for the symptoms that I am currently having. I have done flow test, urinalysis, and even urethrogram, but the doctor is not sure of the diagnosis so he will be running a cystoscopy (possibly a urodynamic test as well) next week. Although I have not been officially diagnosed, I am pretty aware of my symptoms and almost sure that it is urethral stricture that I am having.

I just have a quick question. Have anyone done a urethroplasty in Canada? If so, how long did you have to wait to get the surgery? (heard that it takes notoriously long in Canada)

Another question is that, will keeping urethral stricture until the surgery cause any damage to your kidney & bladder? Right now, I am just having a slight discomfort around my lower abdomen & bladder (sometimes stings). 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What was the results of your flowtest?

• Posted

Im not from Canada so I can't answer that question, but as far as damage to the bladder and kidneys go a 10 average isn't that bad I've had that for years. A 10 max flow is pretty significant.

• Posted

I just had a doctors meeting at a different place and he has a second opinion. After looking at the urethrogram, he does not think that it will be a stricture. Now he wants to run a urodynamics tests. Do you have any experience with this test?
    • Posted

I have never done a urodynamics test. I think they would put a scope in there first to confirm it's not a stricture before they put a catheter in there to do a urodynamics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.