urgency and inflammation post ejaculation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a complicated bladder history with a few surgeries in the past, but I want to be specific here.

I have urgency to urinate right after I ejaculate. I feel like my prostate, and the internal area between scrotum and anus gets inflamed after the climax. In turn I cant sleep for hours because of the feeling of urgency and pressure in the prostate region. This usually normalises within a day or two and I feel normal again.

Any idea what it could be or what tests my urologist can carry out? thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Buddy

The only thing I can think of is that you have a infection. Either prostate or bladder. Before bed or after you have sex. Take a hot bath for about 20 minutes. If your groin area is inflamed this will help that area and the inflammation will go down.

Good luck......Ken

• Posted

Hey Robert, Kenneth is spot on.

What you describe is I believe is called Perineum Pain

This area is close to several nerves, muscles, and organs. Pain is often the result of:

• Urinary Tract Infection(s) (UTI) - highly likely. This can affect the urethra, bladder, ureters, or kidneys. Symptoms include: an intense and persistent need to urinate, strong-smelling urine and a burning sensation during urination; or
    • it may be a condition called Interstitial Cystitis, a painful bladder condition - less likely.

Either way, the person who can diagnose this properly is the urologist.

Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.