Urgency to poop ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm confused. Basically I can't sleep or do anything if I have the urge to poop. But I've been kind of straining/ having a hard time pooping when I do get there. I'm upset bc I wish I could hold it in but my butt won't let me. Like it's 12 am and I HAD to get up and go poop bc the pain was just unbearable at my butt. IT was hurting so bad. Does anyone else have this experience? I'm day 7. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sounds like your suffering from  constipation (when you have to strain or beardown when your  having a bowel movement).  Constipation can really make a person miserable, unable to get comfortable, always having the sensation of needing to have a bowel moevement but unable to do so.  Then when you do have a bowel movement,  the stool can be painful in passing through the rectum, and it is generally hard fecal matter.  There's many things to consider when dealing with hemorrhoids and constipation:  

Diet:  get lots of fiber to aid with constipation ( such as apples, bran, fresh vegetables etc. ).   Minimize highly constipating founds such as cheese.

Water:  keep yourself hydrated. 

Exercise: even mild exercise helps keeping things move. 

Over the counter:   there are a variety of treatments available which help in decreasing the inflammation, relieveing the itch, helping with pain.  These include a products such as creams, ointments, or wipes. Some people find relief with sitz baths. 

Finally I would suggest that if this problem persists, that you speak with your doctor about your symptoms.   Certainly they will want to visually i nspect your anus and do a rectal examination.  

Hope you feel well soon. 

• Posted

thank you! yes..I've been doing all of those things. It's been difficult haha. I had a small enema around two days ago because of it. I've been taking stool softeners hoping that it will get easier. I want to take laxatives I'm just afraid with how my body will react. I'm on my period also so the pain has been pretty unbearable. Also I'm going to the doctor on wednesday smile 

• Posted

Good that your going to see your doctor.   Laxatives & stool softners can have side effect.  It is difficult to know how your body will react to them.  Some can be quite harsh, causing gas, bloating,cramping, dehydration.  Hope you get some relief from the s.softeners you have been taking.  Make sure you tell your doctor all the things you have tried on your own and also discuss the degree of pain you have been experiencing.   Best of luck, do hope you get some relief soon.   

• Posted

Yes that's very true!! Thank you! smile I wasn't feeling great at all yesterday and I think it was because of the pain killer and the stool softeners I had been taking haha. 

• Posted

Wanted to also mention that there are even over the counter medications to consider: from laxatives or stool softeners.  Some can act quite gently on your bowels where as others can act harshly.   There are also enemas, but I would ensure that your problem is only constipation.  If you have Any other GI symptoms then I would be very hesitant of using a enema without first speaking with your doctor.  

Best of luck.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.