Urgent: 18 year old getting closer to results but still lost

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello. Im currently a nursing student (Future DNP) so i am learning about Hematology, and medical in general but have found myself clueless and honestly quite miserable the last few years. PLEASE READ, all opinions are welcomed

(SHORT & simple)

for the past 2 years i have been dealing with extreme fatigue, pressure in my upper left abdomen UPPER Q3 near my spleen, as well as back pain. My fatigue has only worsened, I have developed a PVC (irregular heart beat, premature ventricular complex) side pain, urinary issues and i even had a vaso vagal sycope (fainted) I quit hockey, closed my business i started at age 17 and am now for the first time in my life starting to struggle in College as i have been dual enrolled and taking college classes since 10th grade of highschool.

long story short The fatigue and lack of energy is the worst part of it, because its intense. Ive been to several doctors and for the past 2 years they were all clueless until i found a new GP who is younger and understands me and doesnt just say i have anexity lol.

Recently Blood Tests have found:

Polycythemia: HIGH RBC, Hematocrit &Hemaglobin

Low IRON: Low blood iron, High Binding Compacity, Low saturation,

Tranferrin & Ferritin: Normal

Erythroprotein: Normal

Creatinin:High but has gone back into range,

JAK2 Gene Mutation: Negative

*basically ive seen several doctors and they all thought i was just an anxious kid, but im smart, and know my body,

*the dilema now is what to do, my fatigue is getting worse and worse, MY BP AVERAGES 150/100 as an athletic 18 year old, my sides hurt, i feel more pressure Q3 plus ive been having frequent urination but dipsticks have came back good.

*i just took an iron supplement to see if it would help my energy, I KNOW I shouldnt because it increases my RbC production but im that desperate because im so young and have done so much already in my life but can barley handle college anymore with my energy

PLEASE GIVE OPINIONS!! i also have more blood results if needed and i go to see my GP in 3 days again so hopefully my new GP who i like a lot will have a next step

thankyou,

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

First off, what are the specific numbers? What is your ferritin. hemoglobin and B12 exactly? If I know these I could tell you if they are truly low or not low enough to cause the symptoms

I felt horrendusly symptomatic and lost my quality of life when my ferretin hit 12 even tho thats still theoretically in the normal range. The normal ranges are very wide and not everyone can function at these normal ranges. Do not take doctors word for certain, research yourself and ask questions.

I am 19 years old and have been dealing with this since I was 17. No fun and esp awful going through this when going into college and trying to work and start an adult life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.