Urgent advice needed right near Xmas!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've bin burning up and freezing all night bin on loo a lot and scared to eat. I've got fecial compaction lately and bin eating chocolate cakes last two days. I'm sensitive to wheat but not had any and I'm wondering if I need antibiotics if I'm getting a infection of diver! Please help as it means going to accident and emergency and waiting 4-6 hours! Thanku

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me last Christmas. When I finally got to the DRS after the holidays I was told I should have gone to A&E. so if you feel so bad I would go to A&E before it gets to busy   Good luck x

• Posted

Hi a few hours in a and e is far better than a few days in hospital! Go see what they say ! Good luck !!
  • Posted

Get to A,E, sorry for you but let us all know how you get on, you don,t need this at christmas, take care
  • Posted

You've definitely got something if you're running a temperature, and with a history of DD it's best to be safe than sorry, with a ruined Christmas.  Do you have pain when you press firmly on your tummy?  That's another telltale sign.

By the way, unless your chocolate cake is gluten free, it will contain wheat flour.  I'm wheat and gluten intolerant and have learned this to my cost!!  But mine gives me the runs, not constipation.  If you are impacted you might need a laxative.

• Posted

Definitely get yourself to A&E.  I've just got back after a 4 hour wait.  I kept thinking I'll leave it another day, see how I am later, but woke up this morning in agonising pain.  When I got there the Streaming Nurse said I probably had a urine infection!!  When I eventually got seen, they said it's definitely a Diver flare up and to put me on an IV!!  It was then decided to give me antibiotics and if I'm no better to go back in 24 hours.  So I'd recommend an A&E trip, just be prepared to wait.  All the best.

• Posted

Just wanted to Thanku all very much! I phoned 111 and went to hospital. Not got two antibiotics! X
    • Posted

Did they give youAmoxacol I think that's how you spell it 

• Posted

Hi Susan. No ciprafloxin and metronadazole sorry..can't remember how to spell it! Ones 400mg the other 500mg. Its what I usually have but takes a few days to work.

• Posted

Glad you got sorted now you can have a worry free Christmas 
  • Posted

Glad to hear you've got sorted with the usual antibiotics.  Hopefully they will kick in so you can enjoy Christmas without worrying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.