Urgent gynae appointment for an ovarian cyst!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm new to this page so bear with me. I had a pelvic scan a week ago and was told that I have an ovarian cyst on my right ovary and that it's putting pressure on my kidney! Dr made me an urgent referral to gynaecologist and I had bloods taken which came back normal. My appointment is on Tuesday, what should I expect? I am 30 years old and would like more children. It's worrying me a little. Any advice or personal experiences would be much appreciated x x x

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, do you know what ype of cyst you have?

I have a dermoid cyst on my ovary, just shy of the 5cm mark that they usually operate on, my 2nd appoint with the gynae is tomorrow and i'm praying that they will put me on the waiting list for removal a I get a lot of discomfort with mine.

At my first appoint we chatted for a while about history and then I had an internal with a male Dr, I was ok with that as i'd has colposcopy's in the past and all with males.

He was very understanding and i'm sort of hoping tomoorow it's with him again but I fear with the NHS It wont be.

Good luck!

• Posted

I don't know what type of cyst or size it is yet, hoping gynaecologist will inform me. I'm having quite a bit of discomfort with it, lower back pain,  cramps, achy legs and generally not feeling well. 

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm 20yo and I was referred for an urgent gynea appointment last year around this time. They usually do the same check up, scans and pelvic assessments to make sure what they are seeing, and then they discuss with you what they believe you have.

I was told I had a dermoid cyst on my right ovary around 4cm. I was to be put urgently on the waiting list but they only just called me today! I'm currently living in Spain and that's where I'm now getting surgery - they told me it's grown to 6cm, i have discomfort in my left and right side, cramps and swelling of my stomach. They've also told me due to the time taken I might be losing my ovary too.

The only advice I can give you it's to keep calm and keep on their case if you see that they are not offering you any help or you feel like you're being pushed aside. Also tell them all about your pains and symptoms.

Hope this helps,

Hannah

• Posted

Well I went for my gynaecologist appointment and did another scan, my cyst is 14cm by 10cm! He said that I would need an operation to removed and that it would need to be open surgery as it was too big for keyhole. Also due to the size they may not be able to save the ovary and fallopian tube due to the size.  He is sending me for an urgent CT scan first to help determine what kind of cyst it is and also took more bloods. It was a lot of information to take in over a short period of time. Plus he explained all the scary bits of surgery, which I know they need to do but it doesn't half scare you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.