Urgent help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum page!! I'm still figuring out how to use it properly so apologises if i make some mistakes 😃

I have been on Fluoxetine for 3 weeks now, after weaning off Sertraline 50mg for 2 years. The first week and a half was ok, i did find it really helped clear my depressive brain fog. However a couple of nights ago i woke up extremely hot, hallucinating for a couple of seconds, heart racing, delirious, hyper-sensitive to everything, being sick a lot, extremely paranoid, scared, shaking and diarrhoea. I am on Fluoxetine for my extreme OCD, anxiety and Depression, it was working but now I've had that dip in the road I've began to feel so much worse again 😦

I'm to scared to go out and my doctor was useless when i explained what happened. He measured my heart beat per min, blood pressure etc and it was 120 at rest so i'm also on propranalol too, my blood test result came back fine however i still want to know what caused that episode i had the other night, it really was so terrifying and now I'm scared to go outside or anything 😦

I'm not to sure if it's all a side effect of the Fluoxetine, or maybe it's just not the right one for me. However I'd also like to ask has anybody had a similar experience, if so was it maybe anxiety related? My doctor was saying anxiety can't make your heart rate go up to 120 at rest that's why he was so worried. But if my blood test's came back normal surely it's nothing physical? As for Fluoxetine how long did it take for you to work? It's just i was doing so well for the first 2 weeks on them and helped cleared my depressive brain fog massively, but i genuinely feel like I'm in a worser situation then i was before i went on them after my episode the other day 😦

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Mia, i am nearing the end of my second week on them and have woke up feeling terrible, like i am shaking internally, anxiety is terrible worse than before. im contemplating stopping them. i read about a thing called serotonin syndrome your symptoms sound a bit like that. i would go back to gp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.