URGENT HELP NEEDED

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi

Sorry for the urgent heading but need some help ASAP. 

I have CD and currently on Budesonide (last biologic was end of December). 

My urgent question is - have been in contact with someone who’s just come down with chickenpox (as has my toddler) we were with them Saturday, come out all over in the spots today (so was highly contagious when we saw him). I’ve had chickenpox twice & shingles (my daughters never had it) but as I’m on steroids it says I should notify my Dr which I left a msg for earlier and they haven’t got back to me? Should I be concerned as everywhere online says I should be given an injection to prevent me getting it but clearly my GP’s aren’t that concerned??? 

Any help is appreciated 

0 likes, 15 replies

Report

15 Replies

  • Posted

    As far as I know you shouldn’t get chicken pox again and shingles is the ‘left over’ in the nerve endings.

    Your status would have been checked before your biological, but do call just to be safe.

    Xxx

    Report
    • Posted

      Thank you, it’s more the steroids that I’m concerned about as all Info I’ve found says I shouldbt go near anyone with chickenpox- plus my 2 year old was with me and hasn’t had it at all 🤦🏼???🤦🏼??? Xx 

      Report
    • Posted

      I don’t know what to suggest, leave another message and see if they get back to you .

      I hope you and the little one are ok! Xxxx

      Report
    • Posted

      111 nurse called me back and basically said yeah you need to speak to the out of hours dr, they’ll call back in a few hours! Ummm nope! It’s 10pm and I’m not waiting up all night for them to call lol. So I guess I’ll just wait & see what GP says tomorrow. Happy days. My birthday on Thursday so let’s hope I can avoid it til after then 😂😂😂 xx 

      Report
  • Posted

    Have you had any joy this morning
    Report
    • Posted

      Nope, still waiting on call back from Drs. 🙄 Will call them again now. Don’t think GP’s have a clue when it comes to things like this. The NHS website clearly states I need to have an anti globulin (or something like that) but I bet my GP’s say oh until you have symptoms... by then it’ll be too late! 🤦🏼???

      Report
  • Posted

    😳

    Let me know how you go!

    Report
    • Posted

      GP finally called me back and have said that if I’ve had it before then I’ll be fine (I’ve had it twice) and if not then they’ll do a blood test to check my immunity for it?! Totally contradicts the advice online (NHS website) and if they do a blood test that will take a few days to get done & back by which time I could’ve gone down with it 🙄 Add to that my daughter has never had it either ... Not impressed. So basically they said oh just wait & see if you come down with it or not. Yeah. Great. 😡

      Report
  • Posted

    Be a wonderful stress filled week for you then!!! Xxxxxxx
    Report
    • Posted

      They’ve given me an anti viral but that’s messing my belly up so much. I’m still feeling pretty rough & in two minds whether to call the gp again knowing they’ll probably send me In to hospitalsad

      Report
    • Posted

      I get that totally

      But sometimes may be for the best, if only for some fluids. I feel really sorry for ya. 

      I had shingles once and that was bloody awful xxxxxx

      Report
    • Posted

      Drs called back & just said I could stop anti virals if making me ill (which they were so I have). Said not much she could do, if I get meningitis then I’d need to go in to hospital but that was about it. Fun fun lol.. 

      Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up