Urgent Help Regarding Colonoscopy and Endoscopy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

So quick summary here of my issues...Past few weeks I had abdominal cramps on one side and I lost a few pounds (maybe from worry). Had more BMs than usual but they weren't unhealthy ones. Anyway, doc recommended i get a colonoscopy and an endoscopy on Monday bearing in mind i am going abroad for 2 weeks to Cyprus on Wednesday morning!

So I'm feeling way better than I was when I reported the issues to the doc and very concerned that the procedures may make things worse! e.g. could cause problems like bleeding that will stop me going on holiday, could cause problems with my stomach for days/weeks due to the healthy bacteria being flushed out or from unclean endoscopes being used etc.

So I really need to know what folks suggest bearing in mind the above and the fact I will be away from the UK for 2 weeks following my procedures. Need to know today as if I decide to cancel the procedures it will need to be done Friday by 9am UK time!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks smile

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Partial success! They used sedative and I had the throat camera without issues... Didn't even know they had done it! Ha.

Colonoscopy though wasn't as good. They needed to get to my ascending Colon but only made it up the descending Colon before I was in serious pain! He said I had a sensitive bowel.

They said to just go on holiday and relax, come back and see him when I'm back and see if anything has chance. Bout all they could do. He said what he did see was fine though and no ulcers or anything 😊

• Posted

Well done - all you can do now is just enjoy your holiday, as Dr ordered. At least you got the all clear on what they have investigated so far.
    • Posted

Thank you! Was terrified while I was there. Annoyed about the pain sad I wasn't even sedated last time i had one and pain was bad but it didn't stop them carrying on.

Yep cheers! Lets see if I can put back on those lost pounds and forget about my issues and see what happens! He took a biopsy anyway and said that what he could see was as he'd expect smile

He's waiting on a thyroid blood test too so yeah some things to come back yet.

• Posted

Well done!! Over and done with 😊 I'm interested that they don't sedate you fully for the colonoscopy?? It must be different here in Australia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.