URGENT Injury during eye examination

Posted , 1 user is following.

I went for an eye check up. After pupils were dilated doctor without any warning forced my eyelids open so i suffered a lot of pain i drew back but doctor kept pressure on my face dragging fingers down my face and into

my eye.

Eyelids feel very sore eye is painful to move around and Ive got loads of new flashes in the eye as the drops were wearing off in the evening i had loads of weird shapes dancing all over the eye rectangles circles with lightening streaks. An ophthalmic surgeon once told me that retinal breaks often occur beneath the muscle insertions of the eye and the eyelids are attached to the eyeball by the muscles so severely pulling them will disrupt the wall of the eye and could now lead to retinal or vitreous bade damage. Im seriously traumatised by what happened my eye was perfect now its damaged i dont know what to do i fear another eye examination. Is there a scan i can have to show what's wrong? Would Mri show eyewall or other damage?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.