Urgent referral made, I’m not convinced?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been referred in to the urgent gynaecology clinic for review of my symptoms. The nurse practitioner that referred me queried if I have LS, but from what i can see online I don't think I match the symptoms. I have attached a photo of a white patch I have. It has zero symptoms, no pain, no itching etc it is just there. There is no redness either. The only other symptom would be worsening back and hip pain over the past 6 months. Would you agree with the NP or does this strike as anything else? Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can't tell from the photos, but I had small, white patches for many years without any symptoms at all. That was how it started for me. It could definitely be LS.

• Posted

I was mostly asymptomatic and was just diagnosed a few days ago.

Please go. If it's nothing, then you're clear to get on with things. If you're not, they caught it early, and you can get treated. I'm glad my doctor figured it out because research has shown if you're not treated, you have a higher risk of developing vulvar cancer.

I hope that you get the all clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.