urggg,one more question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a pressure test where he numbed the eye with drops and on the slt lamp was a tool that pressed on the eye to check pressure first time with that,anyone have this instead of the usual air blowing in eye and is eye supposed to feel not so good after?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm a long term sufferer of the dreaded Blepharitis! I've had it under control for a few years but it's a constant struggle (today I woke up with an eye the size of a golf ball because I forgot to do my usual regime last night!).

Anyway, I've also had that pressure test - my eye-ball felt a little odd afterwards but not too bad. Never make the mistake of asking for a swab to see what is the cause of your particular strain, though - that was the worst thing as they didn't numb my eye - just scraped a cotton bud over the surface of the eye-ball. I don't think the swab was actually sent away - never had any results & they just said they had no record of it.

Good luck with it all. You're in good company on this forum :-) There are really kind & helpful fellow sufferers who genuinely want to be helpful & supportive.

• Posted

awwww,im sorry about your eye,i know its not comfortable. If it makes you feel better my 2 eyes swelled so much i looked like i had lil slits . mine went down gradually,its no fun but ,we will get through and get strong! smile
    • Posted

Of course :-). It's a lot better this afternoon, thanks. Just red - looks like I've been bitten.
  • Posted

I was first diagnosed with herpes keretitis and now they are saying it is Blepharitis Keretitis casued by rosacea. I have had several serious attacks since October 2012 which have left scarring on my eyes but luckily not my cornea yet. I had a swab done in October which went astray and in January they gave up looking for the results and took another one, still waiting for results!! At the moment I am taking 2 tablets a day for a year for the herpes keretitis and 1 steroid drop a day for the rosecea until i go back to the hospital in June. At the moment I am bathing my eyes with a warm flannel and washing with baby shampoo twice a day, it seems to be ok at the moment but I have just ordered some wipes that everyone is raving about so fingers crossed.

I too had the slit lamp and the pressure test which touches the eyeball, my eye was numbed so it didnt hurt at the time and to be honest i was in so much pain with the virus in my eye that i couldnt tell if the test made it worse.

• Posted

hi noonie,wow,how do you think you got the virus and also that has sores or no? it comes and goes like a cold sore? i never heard of it,i also have ezema on eye
    • Posted

awww,noonie,i looked it up,you'll be ok. Thank you for answering,how long have you been dealing with this?
    • Posted

since Oct 2012. I googled it and it terrified me, if i get an ulcer on my cornea I could end up needing a corneal transplant sad

Ive had it in both eyes but never at the same time - thankfully.

I dont think they know a lot about it, they always ask if i suffer from cold sores - No or if I wear contact lenses - No. I did have corrective laser surgery 10 years ago but they dont seem to think thats got anything to do with it. When I have an attack i am sooooo ill, and miserable. It last for about 3 weeks before i feel anywhere near normal. Im really hoping the blepharitis is the cause, if i can get that under control i may be able to stop the attacks in my eyes 

• Posted

Dont be terrified,it may not even be the virus. In time it will get better and you'll know how to deal with symptoms better. stop googling stuff,its scary and always the worst! you have had it for4 years and no ulcer,just stay positive,worry wont help you at all! im here for you toosmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.