uric acid level 6.7 pain in first figures not symmetrc with swelling anf redness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I was having flare up since two years in first fingers of both hands but not symmetric. Sometimes one knee was involved. L

this yeat beginning had severe pain in wrist..again not symmetric. Uric acid level was above 6.3.

When I had mri swelling in wrist came..slight bone erosion.

Initially two drs diagnosed as RA but later a sr dr is in opinion it is pseudogout

now I am on febuxostat 40 mg

in 4 weeks uric acid level is 2.4

Now I am having intense pain in shoulers..despite colchicine and pain killer.

has anybody experienced gout only in knee..fingure and shoulder?

After staring febuxostat I am only being troubled with shoulder pain.thay too without swelling

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

how did they come to the conclusion it was pseudo gout? Did they extract the fluid from joint and measure it?
    • Posted

Hi Rusty

thanks fr asking..

no its just symtomatic at present

I am on febuxostat ... but after 4 weeks uric acid is down to 2.5

Having intense pain in shoulder...surprisingly no pain in fingures

I stopped febuxo fr 2 days..shoylder is bit better now..

• Posted

I don't know much about pseudogout except that it comes on slowly and •tends• to hit the knees.

However with your blood urate down to 2.5 if it were gout (and I suspect pseudo is the same), the presipitates in the joints and tissues, this will now come out of those deposits and ... cause gout. This could carry on for a year or so until all the rubbish is removed from your system.

Colchicine helps during this cleansing period to reduce the inflammatory response - as long as you can handle it (some people it is a problem for their intestines), it's better than just pain killers.

• Posted

Many thanks Rusty

I think its tissue deposit which actually is leading to some burning sensation while cryst tals dissolve

colchicine is ok fr. me well tolerated.

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.