Urinary

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had my 14th UTI in 22 months. This was the worst one since the bladder infection (ecoli) lead to Sepsis. I was hospitalized for 7 days. I was on a strong IV antibiotic. I got home yesterday. I will now go to an Allergist/Immunologist to get tested for medications and food.

I researched this ecoli for days on the internet. It says that all humans have ecoli in their system. Some people get too much of it and it then enters the urinary tract and causes the UTI. The doctors I haven spoken to cannot give me an answer. I did read on the Mayo Clinic site that taking Protonix long term may increase ecoli in the system. Protonix reduces stomach acid. Stopping Protonix will increase some acid which ecoli doesn't like. I stopped taking it yesterday after reading this.

Has anyone had similar problems and if so, what was your treatment. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I  am three months from having a urinary tract infection ( no symptoms) that turned to sepsis and caused atrial fibrillation as well. ( sepsis can do that). I live in fear that i will get another UTI that will be asymptomatic and this could happen again. I feel for you.  I had a urinalysis done a month ago and plan to have another just to keep on top of it.  Do you see a urologist?  i think they can give antibiotics to suppress a UTI. the dose is obviously much lower. you may want to discuss that with your urologist.   Take care

• Posted

Hi Marilyn,

I took a low dose antibiotic for a year. I then developed foot neuropathy.

I see. Urologist/Gyn on a regular basis.

I also have a yeast infection since Feb. I have tried Diflucan and Terconazole and they did not help. My Uro/gyn prescribed a boric acid suppository. I hope it clears the infection. Thanks for your reply. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.