Urinary fistula? Don’t read this if you’re easily grossed out..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with a urinary fistula. I suspect I may have one due to the fact that I found what looks to be urine on a tampon recently. 

I brought this up to my urologist, but she was convinced it was just pus/discharge because we did a pelvic MRI and they found 2 cysts in my vaginal wall. 

I’m 29 years old, have no kids, and have no cancer (at least none that anyone has been able to find), so I don’t understand why I would have this. But what the heck else can explain urine on a tampon?!

I’ve already had a urodynamics test, the pelvic MRI, and they also stuck a camera up my urethra and looked around. Does anyone know if these tests would show a fistula? I’ve also had standard pelvic exams and Pap smears, and no one has found one. But no one found my vaginal cysts either.....

I struggle really bad with incontinence, urgency, and frequent urination. My symptoms just don’t make any sense, even my urologist said I’m a weird/tough case. I did get diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction, but I can’t help but feel like something else is going on too..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.