Urinary issue, please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 year old male who has had a pretty bad urinary issue for going on 2 years now (on and off). Basically, it feels like I need to wee from the tip of the penis a lot of the time. Throughout the last 2 years, I have had tests including full-scale STI, UTI, a camera down my urethra and blood tests in order to try and diagnose the problem. I'm now at the stage with GPs where I am being turned away as they have 'fully investigated,' but the problem is not being fixed, instead I am having to live with it.

The issue becomes more severe after drinking alcohol and caffeine with the latter maybe causing more lasting effects. I don't drink either in excess and have really tried cutting back on it because I know it makes things worse. The feeling is also more severe after sex or masturbation.

The only explanation that I have had for this from a doctor that seems reasonable is that the urethra doesn't respond well to acidity in my urine and this is causing it to bring about the discomfort. I have come online to see if anybody has any advice out there as to what I can do as this is a really horrible condition to have to deal with and it is impacting my mental health.

PLEASE HELP!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it may just be the alcohol and caffeine that are causing this, and I would say just give them up altogether. May sound harsh but when you know something gives you a problem you have to cut it out of your lifestyle.. Both alcohol and caffeine are diuretics which stimulate the bladder giving you the urge to wee.

• Posted

I know and it is something that I am trying to work on. I would love to know why it's a particular problem for me but some people can have 5 cups of coffee a day, without any intolerances at all. Yet if I have 1 cup it sends it up the shoot? It doesn't really make sense, particularly because it's come on in the last 2 years out of nowhere

• Posted

Its always hard on the sufferer when they discover something that seems normal for everyone else and its on your forbidden list.

I cant drink any alcohol for similar reasons to you. Doctor said its a very sensitive urethra

I also cant eat any sort of dairy product and have had to cut it right out of my diet. Told its because of my genetic makeup.

That is probably the answer for you...your genes are responsible. You are unique in the way you are made up and the way you respond to outside stimulants. In the same way some people are allergic to plants and it brings them up in a rash, so they have to avoid those plants.

Its easier just to take control of your life and be confident when you tell people you cant have alcohol.Explore the alternatives....you may find its not so bad as you think. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.