urinary problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 21-yrs-old and have been urinating 7-10 times per 24 hr period. I am wondering if I should get my prostate checked or if I am just being paranoid? my stream is not strong, but it is not quite a drizzle. When i am done urinating it takes a long time to stop the flow completely. I do not drink alcohol regularly. I do chew tobacco every day, and maybe that plays a role? Anyone have an opinion?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would get to your doctor as soon as you can. Explain to him your symptoms, get a urine test done and ask him if a D.R.E would be possible to check your prostate. You are young so it could be something as simple as a Urinary tract infection but best getting checked out
  • Posted

There is nothing you are going to hear in this thread that will give you good information to help you with your condition.  You are YOUNG!  very young.  While 7-10 times may not be abnormal, the slow flow at you rage is.  Go see a doctor.  If you are thinking you are ashamed to bare your junk to a doctor or any other reason that prevents you from going, get over it.  A urologist can help you with your issue.  And good forbid it's the "C" word, the sooner the better that you get checked.  Wishing you well.

• Posted

You are very young, so you can 99% rule out cancer. Have you always had the problem or did it just develop? Do you get up in the night to urinate? What country are you from?

As a youngster, I always had a weak flow, and had a minor op (Direct visual internal urethrotomy - DVIU) on my urethra which fixed it. If the flow does not return to normal, every 4 hours or so...see a doctor

• Posted

Thanks for the comment. I live in the states, and yes I get up every night to urinate. 
  • Posted

Your doctor will give you the best advice, see your doctor soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.