Urinary Problems! Help needed ASAP!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm going to be 19 this March (2017), have never had sex, don't do drugs, oh, and I'm female. So, I've had this habit of stopping my urine. That is, I hate going to the toilet, so I hold my pee in for long periods of time. I've been doing this for nearly 3 years I suppose. And now, I sometimes see blood in my underwear, although it isn't time for my period and it's freaking me out. Also, sometimes I can't empty my bladder fully. I also can't hold my pee in, even for short periods of time, as it would start leaking. It's quite embarrassing and scary at the same time. What should I do?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am not a medically qualified person but it would seem to me that your aversion to going to the toilet has "re-trained" your nervous sytem from what it would be doing normally and it is now completely out of kilter.

As to the blood spotting - best go and see your doctor and give him/her the full story.

I have frequent urination problems but then I'm a 75 year old male and our "mechanics" are quite different.

I wish you well. You were brave enough to come on here - please go to the doctor.

• Posted

Go to your gyn! Holding pee eases infection, you shouldn't do that. Do you feel like a burning sensation? It could be UTI, candida, kidneys stone or just a problem with your pelvic floor muscles. It could be anxiety related too. Don't be embarrassed, it's quite common. Probably some drug or pelvic floor exercises will cure it, just ask to your doctor and in the meantime wear incontinence pads.

• Posted

I think Mary meant "causes" infection rather than eases infection.

Please seek professional help for this, and good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for helping me out. No, I don't feel any burning sensations when I pee. These days I try not to hold in my pee. But sometimes, I can't help it as I wouldn't want to miss out on lectures by going to the toilet for even a few minutes, cause when I'm back, I'll be lost. I'll take your advice.. Thanks once again! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.