Urinary Retention

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had urinary retention for a long while, a urinate alot but the urologist told me, I retain about 400 ml in bladder at all times. But I was functioning, until I fell a bruised my knee while weightlifting and broke a Baker's Cyst in my knee, My knee swelled really bad with extensive pain and I was sleeping alot for about 10 days , 12 hours a day, but took no pain medication. Than I noticed I could not have a bowel movement. So my physician told me to take Milk of Magnesia. Than I got very bad diarrhea and started to feel weak.  So than finally the doctor took a blood test and found creatine level, bun were all elevated and my kidney were shutting down and they had to catherize me and approximately 3000ml of urine come out of me and more the next day or 2 days. Now I need surgery, he wants the greenlight. With greenlight or with Microwave do you always have retro ejaculation. Actually with the catherization, my kidney function is coming back, but why after the fall on the knee did everything do downhill and cannot figure it out. But anyway I guess it is greenlight immediately. My potassium blood level was very elevated also. It was very bad.

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I wouldn't rush in to it.  Do your research independent of the urologists and check out the PAE procedure.  It has had good results without many of the side effects - esp. the sexual side effects.  The results for those w/ enlarged median lobes (for most procedures) has not been as good.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.