Urinary symptons with high psa in my 30s

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, first time using this forum. Thanks for reading. So, I am 38 years old, and have been experiencing symptoms over the last 4 months, which include frequent urination, penile discharge (I am not sure what this is, but it's watery), and very weak ejaculation. I had never experienced these symptoms before in my life.

I did a number of tests, including urine flow test, CT scan, MRI and several blood and urine tests (which included STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea). All came back normal or negative, except raised PSA (2.8, done two months ago) and the MRI shows results which seem to be consistent with inflammation of the prostate. My doctor wants to wait a few more weeks to do another PSA test, and thinks this is abacterial chronic prostatitis. But I am not convinced. I can't see anywhere on the internet that CPPS causes almost constant discharge from the penis, and low ejaculation volume and speed.

I am truly  terrified. Could you please help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have got Prostate cancer and I had no symptoms but it was picked up by a routine PSA test. Mine was higher than last year at 6.  However, with what I know your reading is not high at 2.8.

The MRI would show a lump, or lumps, so it is unlikely to be PC. If you are so concerned I would go back to the Dr.

Good Luck,

• Posted

Your PSA level seems to be in the normal range. It sounds like what I have which is BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy) and when you have a very large prostate it can cause blockage of the urethra. This can cause you to feel like you want to urinate frequently and have a weak urine stream as well as burning sensation when trying to urinate. Infection can occur if a large prostate is blocking the urethra. 

I do not know if the above is applicable to you but I would ask my doctor to see a large your prostate is - the normal prostate should be about 20 - 25 grams.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Miguel. This is the right forum. i've had a lot of support and had most of my queries addressed. Penile discharge? You're right, none of us have had this problem ( i speak for my husband, of course). Firstly, do you trust your doctor? If you have any doubt in your mind that something may be amiss, then, you'd better go seek the opinion of another doctor and another , if need be,who'll fully satisfy your needs to answer all your questions. 38 is a young age to have prostate problem, but then again, there are various circumstances that can affect one's health situation. Most urologists adopt a wait and see/observe attitude. My husband and I didn't feel comfortable waiting. We needed our problem addressed immediately. There may be more clear directions from other patients here. Just be resolved to have your concerns answered and have options to be open to. My husband, 78 had PSA of 22 but his condition (swelling of scrotum, both legs and lymph nodes problem) is being addressed with a 3 month hormonal shot, hormonal tabs and urine inducing tabs and alternative medicine supplements and protocols  of turmeric, IV C & Essiac & Selenium.  Good luck. Trust your guts.

• Posted

Please do not worry, it is easy to say but I too have been there and put my trust in the medics who were exceptional and friendly. My PSA at 1st was 186.0 and they feared that there was a cancer, so after tests like a biopsy, CT scan and then a bone scan I was told that the cancer has spread to the bones but not to worry as it is still a prostate cancer and not a bone cancer. I was put on Hormone Therapy and for the past 7 years every 12 weeks I have an implant minjected and it has worked very well. My PSA is now 0.07 and all seems well. I keep my fingers crossed and although I am 82 I still have a fairly youthful mind and a good sense of humour.

I do hope that my words help you and please do not get too anxious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.