Urinary tract infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

Every time I go to the urologist I have a urinary tract infection.Input on a med and then feel better. When I get the burning and frequency again,I'm back on the medicine. Have been on this antibiotic for a week and went to Dr today. She said I still have an infection so was sending it away for a culture. This has happened to me many times and the culture comes back clear. Anyone hear of harmony d nanose urinary tract and bladder cleanse? Dr also suggested azo urinary probiotic.Anyone ever used these products.When I feel better I don't go back to have my urine checked, so maybe I always have a UTI

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you are prone to urinary tract infections you should be on D Mannose on a daily basis for prevention . It has been working for me for a long time . But if your culture comes back clear , it may be a yeast infection , it has many of the same symptoms . You can just buy over the counter treatment for that , it works very well . 
    • Posted

I take 1 D Mannose pill each day.   Do you take more?    I also take Azo to prevent yeast infections.    I should have results of the culture by end of week.      Thank you for your response
  • Posted

I take D Mannose powder , one teaspoon in water 3 times daily . Azo is really a painkiller when you have a uti . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.