Urinary tract infection

Posted , 8 users are following.

Every time I go to the urologist I have a urinary tract infection.Input on a med and then feel better. When I get the burning and frequency again,I'm back on the medicine. Have been on this antibiotic for a week and went to Dr today. She said I still have an infection so was sending it away for a culture. This has happened to me many times and the culture comes back clear. Anyone hear of harmony d nanose urinary tract and bladder cleanse? Dr also suggested azo urinary probiotic.Anyone ever used these products.When I feel better I don't go back to have my urine checked, so maybe I always have a UTI

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I use d-mannose from the NOW brand and it works pretty well for me as a preventative measure. If the infection isn’t severe or if there’s just a trace it could cure your UTI 
    • Posted

I take d mannose but only one a day.   I also take azo for yeast infections, also as a preventative measure.

I've been on an antibiotic for 8 days for a UTI.    Hasnt done a thing, so I thought could this be a yeast infection?   Yesterday had my annual and they did a Pap Test.   Stopped at the drs ofice to see if a culture would show if it was a UTI or a yeast infection.   She said it wouldnt show a yeast infection but the pap test would.   This is so frustrating.    

• Posted

Hope all is well now! I know I’m late but you should get tested for BV. I had a UTI that I guess did go away with a round of antibiotics but I still had that burning feeling. Went back to the doc, she did a culture and it came back as negative for UTI but positive for BV. 
    • Posted

Bacterial Vaginosis. It when bad bacteria gets into your vagina. Causes discharge, a foul odor and pain during urination. Not sure if this is your case but is what happened to me when I thought my UTI didn’t go away. 
  • Posted

A urologist told me I could not prove I had had an infection to which I replied ----well where did all my symptoms go.... and I do mean all of them? Why did I not receive antibiotics but my wife did, is it not good reason to suspect that there was cross infection?  He did not believe a male can infect a female at that rate.....

I mentioned that to a cleaver assessment special nurse. She said well how does a person contract a sexual decease ?????---- don't get me going about about urologists --my dad  suffered with a catheter

- that he did not need! There is not a human on earth that is not capable of making a mistake and for whatever reason bacteria are good at surviving and many a time these escape the hunt for them.

I am not suggesting you have whatever bacteria but look at tuberculosis.......

Due to that small bacteria it has a very elusive life and out whits many an occasion to isolate it.Many doctors and good ones at that will not admit it even exists here in the UK and some even think 'it is only brought in from elsewhere!'  The thing is they do not have the experience of TB as we old ones have just after the war when that terrible bacteria was rife.  Keep insisting that they find something even if they have to use the electron microscope!

• Posted

i have a product i used to cure my own

I have being battling with vagina infection for years. Tired different treatments all to no avail. But today with a Chinese product I am free. If you will like to know the product and purchase it. Drop your comments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.