Urinary tract problems

Posted , 10 users are following.

Is anybody having problems with urinary urgency?  Since I've had LS, it seems that when I've got to go, I've got to go!  Never used to have any problems but there's really very little warning now - which is most inconvenient!  Just wondering whether this is a sign that it has affected my ureter.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This is going to sound weird but you probably just need to drink lots more water and it should fix that up for you in a day or two x
    • Posted

Fluid isn't the problem - I take on board plenty fluid during the course of the day plus lots of fruit and veg.  The problem is the urgency.  Maybe it's purely coincidental and I just have a pelvic floor problem - although I have a physical job and would have thought all my muscles would have been fairly well toned.
    • Posted

Hi kathryn...You don't say what your age is but if you are menopausal or post menopausal !..Low levels of estrogen weakens the bladder wall...Depends what type of physical work you are doing in your job...If you are lifting which causes you to bear down it may be straining the pelvic floor...Kegel exercise regularly are adviced to strengthen the pelvic floor...I was diagnosed with a minor bladder prolapse not too long ago and kegel exercises were adviced.

Kegel exercises are worth considering as a preventatory measure even if you do not have a pelvic floor issue. 

• Posted

Hi Kathryn - I had planned to post this week anyway but your post has prompted me.  The MAIN symptom I had/have is as you describe and particularly disturbed my nights though, yes, as you say there's little warning and the 'pressure' for me was in the urethra not the bladder. My GP referred me to a gynaecologist/urologist last Dec who diagnosed LS and clob did seem to ease it initially. However for the last 6 months the same debilitating symptoms flared up from time to time. I see the consultant every 3-4 months and last week she said the LS was barely visible and now thinks my main problem is a lack of oestrogen. I'm on a 4 month treatment of oestrogen pressurise and a week later am symptom free. I know there are risks with HRT.  I'm wondering what age you are - if post-mono pause, it may be worth checking out. 
  • Posted

That should be 'pessaries' not 'pressure'. The joys of predictive text! 
  • Posted

I have lots of problems with urethral pain and urgency. Sometimes it is unbearable. I have had these problems since I was young and they began a few years after I got my LS-diagnosis. The urologists have not been able to come up with an explanation other than that the urethra is inflamed. I think that it must be LS inside the urethra.
  • Posted

never gave it a thought til now but i`ve had to get out in the night for the last couple of weeks and i hardly drink much and never after about 6pm,so maybe there is a connection,also when checking things with a mirror i saw what to me looked like a pink egg about to be evicted from me,mentioned it to my gp and she said its just a prolapse! wether that affects the bladder i`m not sure and i`m post menopausal too.
  • Posted

Yes I have these problems too, but mainly late afternoon and evening, not at night when lying down.  Never tie it up with LS before, was diagnosed about 5yrs ago but never had any information, did not know what it was, just given cream and sent away.   Have had a flare up since April this year, just given Clob, and after much complaining have my 1st appt. with gyny next week.  Sometimes have to wear panty liners from 4.p.m. on and this makes the LS much worse.  Help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.