Urination problems: 3 years post vasectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I’m new to this forum so forgive me if not appropriate to post but I’ve hit a brick wall & am trying to get answers.

I had a vasectomy about 3 years ago , 7 children later we didn’t want anymore & everyone I knew that had had it, swore by it & have never had problems ... anyway 1 week after surgery I was hit with an almighty infection down ther so the docs threw antibiotics at it & that was it. Since then I’ve gone back to the doctors several times as it feels like I’m dribbling constantly but I’m actually not, I have a slightly sore left testicle every now & then, I urinate a lot more, hard to start urinating,pain up my bum every now & then & it basically feels like a uti but that comes back negative, I’m constantly on antibiotics & that helps me urinate normally without forcing it , like it’s relaxed but the symptoms never completely go away , I was rushed into hospital last year , horrendously high temperature etc but they couldn’t find the infection but my infection markers were through the roof, so they just kept pumping me full of all antibiotics & said it’s possibly a kidney infection 3 weeks to recover ..... help 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi James, I'd suggest looking looking into a pelvic floor therapist. I also had some success with marshmallow root tea - sounds weird, but it seemed to help with frequent urination feeling.  In addition to that, check out this forum: http://www.postvasectomypain.org

A lot more active users on there and many have described issues similar to yours and may be able to offer additional insight. Good luck! 

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply & have just joined the other forum you suggested... holding out hope I can get some control of this 

Again thank you 

• Posted

Hi James have u tryed herbal celery seeds may help with see also ask for refural to urologists also I would ask if it for a refural or try pain clinic I'm afraid there is no quick fix it's about getting relaxed and pushing NHS .. I run some chats on Xbox to other guys also find us on the PvP chats on PvP site it's about helping each other

• Posted

there is a lot of help out there its a case of getting the right help tho must stress THERE IS NO NONE CURE according to the nhs tho I'm fighting to get  this sorted as men don't talk about it I have regular mentions on xbox and discord I'm trying to get it set upfor funding but as a patient not a doc or gp we need to talk get our numbers out there sos men yea this means you tooo

• Posted

James,

I realize your post is three years old but am curious if you have had any break throughs? I had my procedure done 3 months ago and am having similar symptoms as you have described, plus testicular and scrotal pain. I went through 21 days of antibiotics, but i wouldn't say that helped. My Dr. said it may be caused by the compacted nerves - the issue he says could be causing my testicular pain. I wish I would've been more educated on the criminally downplayed risks of this "routine procedure". I'm resting in the knowledge that God is good, and he is the source of my hope for recovery. I hope you are doing better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.