Urine Adrenaline levels, what's the ideal? I know the 'range'

Posted , 2 users are following.

For over 3 years now and getting worse I have been living constantly feeling stimulated. Can stay awake for days, etc. We have done many tests and even hospital stays with no confirmation, the doctors can see my symptoms, such as hugely dilated pupils and shaking during this cycle (which is like a yoyo, goes up for days, crashes down). We think it's maybe nervous system disorder. 

(Symptoms)

Feeling stimulated (constant, just sometimes extreme)

Dilated pupils 

Not sleeping for days (up to 10 days in a row confirmed in A&E)

Tremors hands and legs (weak and shaky on my feet)*

Excessive sweating & fevers*

Adrenaline rushes, followed by anxiety 

Easily over-stimulated – Just doing simple tasks can send adrenaline

Bladder shrinkage

Weight Gain

Fatigue  

(it's not anxiety, been ruled out for that bipolar and tried 15 medications at this point) 

I got a catecholamines test, my results were

Noradrenaline 240 (range was below 573)

Dopamine 1590 (range was below 3270) 

these seem good, nicely in the middle but my adrenaline although not over, I wonder what the ideal was. All i was given was 

Adrenaline 102 (range was below 147)

Adrenaline doesn't seem like something you'd want to be 2/3 of the range, has anyone had a Urine Adrenaline, if so what was yours? 

Many thanks 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered some kind of Dysautonomia / PoTS?

I don't get it quite as extreme but I get that over activated feeling after a little exertion and if I don't bring myself to a complete stop it just gets worse and worse.

Beta blockers do help with my dysautonomia symptoms. Difficult to balance the dose v activity though. Have you tried them at all?

• Posted

Actually, I have a Tilt Test coming up (waiting on a letter). It was one suggestion, but the thing that I fail to read in POTS is the wired/stimulated thing I get, it's like being on 10000 cups of coffee. 

I literally get a rush and then once it starts i feel totally out of it. 

i'm on 80mg Beta Blockers as i shake so bad without them, out of 15 medications Xanax / Clonzepam is the only thing that can stop me feeling feeling stimulated all the time. They even work the next day for half the day until this wired thing recharges. While Quietapine and head meds don't do anything, so it's nervous system of some kind. 

How did you get diagnosed? 

• Posted

Pop a post up on the dysautonomia international forum and see what people on there say.

I've had the shakes too, I saw a cardiologist and nuerologist who came to the conclusion that it was dysautonomia. I had some other stuff like pupils going different sizes and obviously the large rise in heart rate on standing.

Have you got a step i heart rate on standing?

Ever had any migraines?

• Posted

Thanks Matt, I couldn't actually find the forum section, i'll have another look today. 

I have a constant dull headache. Not sure it's a migraine, nothing really touches it apart from salt once, where i put salt in a glass and downed it in one, felt my head clear. 

You might be right, look at dysautonomia I found the two things that keep happening me, the first two easily over stimulated and feeling wired (i thought I made up 'feeling wired' as everyone i tell this to looks at me strange) I also thought POTS couldn't be this extreme... I've seen a cardiologist who was not familiar with my symptoms but has got a private Tilt Table test coming up and I am going to go see a neurologist. These are the symptoms from DINET.org that are me exactly... 

Easily over-stimulated

Feeling "wired" 

Weight loss or gain (gain) 

Feeling detached from surroundings

Tremulousness

Excessive sweating

Fatigue

Sleep disorders

Headache/migraine

Exercise intolerance

Anxiety

Intolerance to heat

• Posted

Oops, should have been Dysautonomia Information Network (DINET) not Dysautonomia International...
    • Posted

Thanks Mark, Dysautonomia lists all my symptoms. POTS i am not sure about based on the heart side of things

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.