urine burning and frequently urine with pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 55 years old and having urinate at least 20 time a day,with burning at the tip of penis and pain at the both sides of stomach,If I drink more water the I feel more pain and more urine after half an hour,plz help me

my reports are ok,but I have Ph of urine is 6.0,no blood and no uric acid is reported,no sugur in urine 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a urine infection so make sure your Dr sends the sample off to be cultured as the dipstick test does not always show a infections. Ask for some pain killers meanwhile such as Tramadol. Hope things improve soon.
  • Posted

I agree it sounds like an infection, and if it is in the prostate, you need to get the sample cultured, because the prostate is hard for antibiotics to get into, and only the correct one will work anyway.

Also if you possibly can, it would be best to get CT scan done as well to eliminate other possibilities.

• Posted

Jim James and Old Buzzard on this forum could give you the Best Advice..To Reduce the Number of Times you have to Pee, I would Self-Catheter...Jim and Old Buzzard could advise you how and the best catheters to use.....FYI - Jim James has described Self-Cathetering extensively on this forum so if you go back over Jim's Posts you'll see it...A URO Nurse can  teach you how to Self-Cath too..It sounds like you have a Lot of Retention which may be causing your pain, in addition, to your large number of Urinary Voids..But there's tests that your URO Doc can run to help determine the problems and Jim and Old Buzzard can describe those to you too...Please contact Jim James and Old Buzzard ASAP for relief....

• Posted

I developed an infection after a cystoscopy to see if I was a candidate for a Urolift.  The infection took a week to develop.  When I went back to the Urologist practice and saw a partner of my urologist, they looked at my urine sample and pronounced it clear.  Fortunately, they also sent it out for analysis.  3 days later in a lot of pain and going after 15-30 minutes, I returned to the office and, fortunately, they had the lab report.  Infection confirmed.  They put me on an antibiotic for a week.  That worked and I had the Urolift procedure the week after that.  Make sure they send out a sample for lab analysis.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.