urine colour

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm due to have my GB removed this week. I have had another nasty flare a couple of days ago and since then my urine is a dark orange (not red) and I have been vomiting more than I normally do during a flare. Anyone else have vibrant wee and what has been said? (I don't feel like its a wee infection as no other symptoms)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi do you have gallstones if so i would call your gp incase there is a stone stuck in the bile duct. Drink lots of water aswell if your being sick alot so you dont get dehydrated. Im no doctor but i think you should ring your gp or hospital for advice. hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Please contact your doctor.  This could be an emergency situation, you just never know! 
  • Posted

You need to see a doctor asap. Could be start of jaundice. With jaundice urine goes dark (reddish brown - thought there was blood in my urine), faeces turn pale and chalky and skin and whites of eyes turn yellow. I had jaundice before my cholecystectomy and was in danger of septic shock. On other hand maybe it's something you ate- carrots or beetroot? I didn't feel particularly ill with my jaundice at the time and thought the doctors were making a fuss over nothing but in hindsight I realise how ill I actually was - extreme tiredness and no appetite. Keeping hydrated is good advice especially if you're about to have surgery. Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Hi,

?Call you doctor right away.  Dark Urine is not a good sign.  This means there is an infection most likely in the gallbladder and/or kidney.  I know because it happened to me.  I don't want to scare you, but don't waste any more time.  Call your doctor and or head over to Urgent Care right away.

• Posted

Thank you all. My blood tests revealed raised liver enzymes. They performed an internal ultra sound whils under anethstetic and continued to remove my gallbladder successfuly. I had to be catherterised 2 days later because I had not passed any urine but all was ok
    • Posted

thank you for coming back to update us!  Glad you are doing ok.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.