urine hesitancy comes and goes ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

okay so since June I been getting this urine hesitancy the first time it happen i went to urgent care and they took a urine sample and found nothing everything looked normal and last week i went back and the same thing everything looked healthily and i was well hydrated okay so they gave me some medication for two days up to three time a day needed so they gaveme phenazopyridine. I took it once last week and it worked good for almost a week and the same urine hesitancy  came back so i took the second pill last night and i was back peeing again last night a few times before going back to bed and this morning i woke i went a few times i was not feeling that great a little nausea and tired and runny nose so i ate a banna and went back to sleep and woke up again and had to pee and felt fine after that. i do have an appoint with an  urologist in Oct the eayl they had and i am on a waiting list. but in the mean time what can i do about this ? i was getting back pain last week but that went away. i am drinking water big 16oz a few a day. I am getting tired of dealing with this. Also i am 23 old male

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi detour12,

Urinary incontinence in men is normally associated with some sort of infection or prostate issue. Being 23 years old, it is unlikely that it's a prostate issue, unless it could be prostatitis which is inflammation of the prostate which can occur in younger men. But hopefully the medical tests you have had would have dealt with this.

How have your symptoms been since you initially posted on the forum here?

Cheers.

• Posted

Hi it seems like i am back to normal now. it i find it change that it keeps happening. which worries me
    • Posted

A pharmacist assistant told me that even young men have prostate-blockage, from drinking too much liquid at any one time, especially with spicy food (which was my incident trigger, along with a 50ml prostate.)

As one poster said in the Prostate forum, "it's the size of the hole that matters, not the size of the donut".

Research squatting defacation and sit-down urination as solutions, or at least prevention.  I'm in a bad situation now because I didn't know these.

• Posted

Hi i went to see the doctor and they did a bladder test and the doctor told me i have Nonspecific urethritis the the only test they did. i was suprised that didn't do a urine test but he has presribe me doxycycline.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.