Urine incontinent mostly at night

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I am a 66 year old male who has recently become urine incontinent.  I had a kidney infection last year which has left me urge incontinent during the day.

My wife has bought me sanitary pads so I deal with this by wearing these daily and this works very well.  However, I weak the nappy style incontinence pants during the night, but I find urine leaks out through the sides as I mostly lay on my side whilst asleep.  Can anyone offer any other measures that I could take to prevent this leakage onto the bed sheets.  The nappy things fit very well around the legs so I cant seem to blame that.

Unfortunatley, I occasionaly suffer from diversticulitis and need to drink more water during the day to help prevent this occuring, and reduce my intake towards bedtime.

Thanks

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Colin

I seem to have exactly the same as you with urge incontinence during the day and urine incontinence at night. Likewise i have problems with wetness at night. I've been using Tena pads inside an underpants and then a plastic pants outside. I still get up four /five times a night to change into dry ones. . However it is very costly about £40 a week. I'm thinking of getting washable nappies - Is yours such , if so where did you get yours . I think with washable nappies at night it would be a lot cheaper and maybe I will get less wetness on my body or bed . have a pad on the bed which prevents staining the sheet and mattress- this is very good I'd recomment it ) .  

• Posted

Cloth diapers are cheaper but you will be wet.  They hold the wetness next to your skin.
    • Posted

Tru ethey don't wick the wetness away from your skin as disposables do but providing you use plenty of sudocreme  or similar it isn't a problem. I always wear plastic pants if I wear terry nappies and this seals in the warmth and they never feel uncomfortable and seldom leak even when I wet very heavily.
    • Posted

Thanks jdy1. Good to hear from you. I'll bear that in mind.I havent decided yet.
    • Posted

Thanks stevewet , good to her from you. I've never used sudocreme but i think ill try it first with my present arrangement Tena pads, If that works i'll try washable diapers , one to begin, - i saw some on American site at $39 dollars each plus postage. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.